Girl hates me for not approaching her

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Today I was casually walking through school minding my own business when a group of girls called me a ****. I was understandably curious and shocked that someone who I had never before spoken to just randomly insulted me so I asked them what their problem was. They claimed I ignored their friend who I have never once spoken to before who has supposedly had a crush on me since she was in year 9. I had my suspicions about this before hand but was never quite sure as all I'd ever got was a bit of eye contact and occasional staring. I was also angered as how this made it ok to insult me. So in response to their insult I told them I don't give a **** about their friend and that as I have standards it will never happen. It definitely shut them up.

I don't get girls, why do they expect me to read their minds and get angry if I don't?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
isn't that a common thing people expect you to know what there thinking with out explaining it?
tootles44
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ooft cold as ice but good on ya for putting them straight, no one is entitled to anyone's attention especially if they dont make an effort in the first place
username1405872
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well its kinda difficult for girls to make their interest clear cos what are they supposed to do. Her making eye contact and staring was her way of attracting ur attention. I understand from a guys point of view its difficult to see how this means that she likes u but why else wld she be staring? Anyway it didn't matter after what u said to her friends ;p I bet after u said that she spent the next few days feeling absolutely **** and crushed. Poor girl. U cld have bit a bit nicer. She probably thought u were a nice guy whom she idolized. Just be nicer next time. Or if u have the guts go talk to her and apologize for saying she is below ur standards and that u don't give a **** about her
LeyK
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol :clap2::lol: Women. Well actually girls.
And why the short temper?? lets just say you on their douchebag list forever
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tinababy)
well its kinda difficult for girls to make their interest clear cos what are they supposed to do. Her making eye contact and staring was her way of attracting ur attention. I understand from a guys point of view its difficult to see how this means that she likes u but why else wld she be staring? Anyway it didn't matter after what u said to her friends ;p I bet after u said that she spent the next few days feeling absolutely **** and crushed. Poor girl. U cld have bit a bit nicer. She probably thought u were a nice guy whom she idolized. Just be nicer next time. Or if u have the guts go talk to her and apologize for saying she is below ur standards and that u don't give a **** about her
well if a stranger insulted you would'nt your first reaction be to either fight back or be pissed about it? his reaction was completely justified.

as for making interests clear it helps to have actually talked to the guy before telling your friends he's ignoring you right? i mean hell if she said something like "hey I've seen you around and i think your pretty cute" he'd have got the message right?
starlight82
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They have no reason to be angry, you're not a mind reader. There shouldn't be an expectation for you to approach her either, she's the one with the crush.

However, you were unnecessarily cruel in telling her friends she wasn't up to your standards. It was her friends that made comments at you, not her. You ended up targeting her to get back at them and that wasn't very nice.
APlantinga
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a9897b5452.jpg
El Chapo revenge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What rubbish. She could have used her mouth, that's how you initiate interest. Not staring at someone like a brick wall. How ridiculous.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think you've done much wrong apart from how you dealt with the situation after they insulted you. If she was deeply interested then she could always have gone up to you & talked to you herself. Sometimes it can be pretty hard to know if a girl is interested in you romantically or not.
username1405872
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
well if a stranger insulted you would'nt your first reaction be to either fight back or be pissed about it? his reaction was completely justified.

as for making interests clear it helps to have actually talked to the guy before telling your friends he's ignoring you right? i mean hell if she said something like "hey I've seen you around and i think your pretty cute" he'd have got the message right?
No I would never insult a person I didn't know especially if they weren't the ones insulting me. It wld have been ok for him to be angry at the friends and said that they have no right but defo not the girl.

hahah and how many times have u used that/ got that line to convey interest when u were/ are in school? Not many ppl have the confidence to go up to a fellow student and say that to them. Plus if I saw a nice guy staring at me I wld smile back and go investigate why he was doing it especially if he did it quite a bit...wldnt u? I don't think insulting someone is the way to go that's all I am saying.
username1405872
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by El Chapo revenge)
What rubbish. She could have used her mouth, that's how you initiate interest. Not staring at someone like a brick wall. How ridiculous.
well maybe she is really shy which is why his response has probably crushed her. I agree with u that she shld have simply talked to him but he shldnt have insulted her indirectly.
anonymouspie227
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Why were you cruel to the friend when it wasn't her who said anything to you?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well its kinda difficult for girls to make their interest clear cos what are they supposed to do. Her making eye contact and staring was her way of attracting ur attention.
That's the worst way of getting somebody's attention I could possibly think of.

OP, tho, y so so rude about the girl? Just be rude to the friends, fam.
Lyserg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would you care to give us more insight into the female mind?
username1405872
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
sbdbsuB
(Original post by Lyserg)
Would you care to give us more insight into the female mind?
hahah well its just what I think from what I have seen with my friends and me. Basically if we see a what we think is a hot guy we look at him and romanticize.. u kno all the what ifs and also filling in all the blanks so in our heads we have this perfect guy...but how do we get this guy to notice us and strike the right balance and not coming over too easy cos guys like a chase right? but the longer a girl leaves it and looks from afar (and sometimes gets caught staring) the more she builds this perfect image of him in her head and it only gets more difficult to approach this guy because he is so perfect in her head and to add to this if she is not doing anything it is probably because she is very shy which only adds to her problem. This is what I think happened in this case. And the fact that this guy insulted her quite harshly probably crushed this amazing image of him in her head which, from the first post, took years to build. But in general if a girl looks at u quite a bit over a number of days its most likely cos she likes u but doesn't know or is scared to approach u. Oh and also if a girl calls u cute most of the time it doesn't mean ur cute it means u are f*****g smokin and she wants to drag u back to her cave and devour u imo if I call a guy cute it means that he is not only smoking hot ( thus I don't say he's hot because it doesn't do him justice) and he has a great personality. And what woman wld not want to drag a hot guy with a great personality back to her cave? ;p
username1405872
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol sorry for the long post
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never approach a girl just because she stares at you believe me, if someone wants to get to know you they can use their mouths.
Lyserg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
sbdbsuB

hahah well its just what I think from what I have seen with my friends and me. Basically if we see a what we think is a hot guy we look at him and romanticize.. u kno all the what ifs and also filling in all the blanks so in our heads we have this perfect guy...but how do we get this guy to notice us and strike the right balance and not coming over too easy cos guys like a chase right? but the longer a girl leaves it and looks from afar (and sometimes gets caught staring) the more she builds this perfect image of him in her head and it only gets more difficult to approach this guy because he is so perfect in her head and to add to this if she is not doing anything it is probably because she is very shy which only adds to her problem. This is what I think happened in this case. And the fact that this guy insulted her quite harshly probably crushed this amazing image of him in her head which, from the first post, took years to build. But in general if a girl looks at u quite a bit over a number of days its most likely cos she likes u but doesn't know or is scared to approach u. Oh and also if a girl calls u cute most of the time it doesn't mean ur cute it means u are f*****g smokin and she wants to drag u back to her cave and devour u imo if I call a guy cute it means that he is not only smoking hot ( thus I don't say he's hot because it doesn't do him justice) and he has a great personality. And what woman wld not want to drag a hot guy with a great personality back to her cave? ;p
What if a girl says she loves you? Do they usually mean it?
Also, why would a girl rather play mind games for years rather than make the first move and iniate contact? This old flame of mine loves sending me hints via Facebook, so i don't get why she's just doesn't speak to me lol I'm pretty shy ngl.

=p i'm interested!
theDanIdentity
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
sbdbsuB

i finallly figured out why most (if not all) men and women aren't in relationships.

women complicate ****. alot. i've always suspected this, but this whole paragraph (even from the first ****ing line) is Proof.

like, how am i in the 'second' paragraph and my head is already hurting? ffs. *****es. there is NO discernable logic to the way you think, end of. you frankly forget that the guy could also be mocked for all eterniy if his approach doesn't go smoothly. i'll only say this once as i'm fed up of trying to show some women (my bad, girls) the logic and error in their messed up thinking. NO. GUY. IS. A. ****ING. MIND. READER.!

now to address your comment in points/logically:
1) ' cos guys like a chase right' < No. No we don't. we only do so, because society dictates that we do. Nobody in their right mind actually likes chasing stuckup *****es. we never have, and quite frankly your thinking that Will never get you a boyfriend. if you don't put in any effort for the guy or at least endeavor to suggest an inkling of an interest; i see no reason why the guy shouldn't ignore you for eternity.
2) 'she is not doing anything it is probably because she is very shy which only adds to her problem' << i still stand by what i said. females complicate life unnecessarily. would it ****ing kill you to go say 'hi' loool. by the time you're done, all your lifes' problems = solved. goodness.
3) 'the fact that this guy insulted her quite harshly probably crushed ' << well who's ****ing fault is that, that she got insulted? ffs. wasn't she the one that had the crush, was too chicken to do something about it, then set her friends on the poor, unsuspecting guy? what, should all of reality bow down and make way because a random girl developed a ****ing crush on a dude, who doesn't even know she exists!?
4) 'But in general if a girl looks at u quite a bit over a number of days its most likely cos she likes u ' < well. that makes Perfect logical sense. no issues here obviously. the fact that she stares at a guy BLATANTLY means that she likes him. we're obviously ignoring the fact that she could have eye problems/the sitting position in the class makes her stare out through the window close to him..
5) 'Oh and also if a girl calls u cute most of the time it doesn't mean ur cute it means u are f*****g smokin' << loooooool. no. not in the context i've seen it used looool. most of the time that happens, it means the guy is no better than her teddy whom she'd like to stick in the friendzone for all of reality.
no guy wants that.

y'all don't make sense. i can't even..
know what? i'm done. this is too much for me to analyse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
37.5%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (6)
8.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.56%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (22)
30.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (8)
11.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.94%

Watched Threads