want to go to Surrey Watch

This discussion is closed.
LL12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
At college studying AVCE Business. i applied to university a couple of months ago for a Business Management course and my offers were very limited (only one to be precise). i was particularly keen on the university of Surrey because academically it is very good and the overall outlook of the university just naturally appealed to me. But unfortunately i got a refusal and was vv disappointed. Now i can't let go of the thought of going and still want to try somehow.

Hertfordshire was the one university that put in an offer, but the thing is i never considered to go there, i just put them down as a last minute thing and now am left with no choice.

What should i do? My brother has adviced me to take a foundation course for a better chance next year. but i don't want to waste another year, i just want to get down to my degree. plus, i don't think i can take the foundation course seriously (am just one of those people). :rolleyes:

can i take up the first year of the course in Hertfordshire and then possibly study the second year in another uni. what are my chances? am just really confused about it all. i desperately need some help.

Thanks. i appreciate it.
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LL12)
At college studying AVCE Business. i applied to university a couple of months ago for a Business Management course and my offers were very limited (only one to be precise). i was particularly keen on the university of Surrey because academically it is very good and the overall outlook of the university just naturally appealed to me. But unfortunately i got a refusal and was vv disappointed. Now i can't let go of the thought of going and still want to try somehow.

Hertfordshire was the one university that put in an offer, but the thing is i never considered to go there, i just put them down as a last minute thing and now am left with no choice.

What should i do? My brother has adviced me to take a foundation course for a better chance next year. but i don't want to waste another year, i just want to get down to my degree. plus, i don't think i can take the foundation course seriously (am just one of those people). :rolleyes:

can i take up the first year of the course in Hertfordshire and then possibly study the second year in another uni. what are my chances? am just really confused about it all. i desperately need some help.

Thanks. i appreciate it.

As you may have deduced from my username, i live in Hertfordshire. Herts Uni is based in Hatfield and in all honesty is it is not the most lively of places. However, the Uni has improved vastly over the last few years and still is on a generally upward spiral with a fair bit of investent going into the Uni.

If you definately want to be at University in September then i suppose you could do a lot worse than Hatfield and perhaps it is worth goin to.
PrincessKaty
Report 14 years ago
If you won't be happy at Hertfordshire, don't go! I wouldn't count on being able to switch to Surrey/elsewhere in your second year, but I guess it's possible. Personally I'd take a year out and re-apply, maybe do the foundation year like your brother suggested. I just think if you really want to go to Surrey (which is a better Uni, especially for Business stuff), then you should have a try again next year.
Antwan J
Report 14 years ago
university of surrey is definately a well established uiniversity and their employment rates for the last six years have been high.So my suggestion to you is, yeah go ahead and do the foundation year¦ i think its worth it.
ill probably be going there for in sept for the msc in management.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Try clearing.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or write a really nice letter to the department....and revise like mad if you've got exams coming up and hope you get higher grades than predicted. And if that doesn't work out, you could do a lot worse than Hertfordshire...
fairihell
Report 14 years ago
go to the uni thats excepted you, then at the end of the 1st year transfer to surrey - i did this and due to so many people dropping out in the first year, if the course you have been doing is similiar they are really likely to except you!! im just doing my last year at surrey, but thats where my degree will come from!!
UKstudyinfo
Report 13 years ago
How good is surrey in Engineering Specially for MSc. Mobilee Communication program
Pezking
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm hoping to go to Surrey too for business management..I got a conditional offer of 320 points thought...means i may actually have to pass French this year *worried look*
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (666)
80.73%
Leave (159)
19.27%

Watched Threads