Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else currently terrified about not getting the grades for uni?

I'm holding an offer from my first choice uni, I've got straight As behind me at AS, and yet I'm so scared that I won't get the grades I need (AAB) and that it'll all come tumbling down. Worst part is, I can't seem to focus on revision either :eek: It's not that I'd mind having a gap year, but resits and losing my place at Bristol are not how I would want to spend it

Am I the only one slowly losing my mind?!
    Anyone in previous years experience not getting the grades? Where did you go from there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you are one of many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    I'm sure you are one of many.
    many many

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying about it and get your head in a book! Be positive - just do your best and that's really all you can do. If you deserve to get the grades, you will. Have fun at Bristol

ReputationRep:
    hey i understand how u feel, i got 3 As at AS (just- literally 242 points out of 300) and am so scared that i am gonna miss my AAB offer, i have an insurance but its at the other end of the country, different style course, different teaching method etc... i dont think i can wait till 19th August. I know i need to revise and how important these exams r but its just not sinking in! Arrghh! ok im gonna go revise NOW
    At the end of the day you can only do your best. If you know that u tried ur hardest but still didnt get the grades then it just means that u werent meant to go there, que sera sera and all that.
    actually try telling me 'its fate' on results day when ive missed the grades and ill probably hit u.....!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.