Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone think will come up as pre-20th century poetry? i'm thinking maybe rudyard kipling...

ReputationRep:
    cheers ali thats just what i was looking for

ReputationRep:
    no probs glad i could help

i think henry the fifth could come again but thats becuase i hate shakespeare!

ReputationRep:
    oh god..i hope not, i found that really hard! siegfried sassoon has never come up before i think, so maybe we'll get that and something from 'all quiet on the western front' or 'strange meeting'

ReputationRep:
    i didnt like doing henry the fifth question either!

anybody seen the june paper from last year with blackadder, sara teasdale, owen the send-off, the drum -scott (pre), Barker extract cant remember which one! i thought that was a hard paper! oh dear getting worried now!

Brooke or Owen would do me this year, but cant see Brooke coming up again!
    Didnt The Hero by sassoon pop up 1 of the papers , or is it my imagination?

ReputationRep:
    Yea hero did come up cuz thats the paper i did for my mock! I'm really hoping that no shakepeare will come up... i won't be able to understand it let alone write about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibble...)
    Yea hero did come up cuz thats the paper i did for my mock! I'm really hoping that no shakepeare will come up... i won't be able to understand it let alone write about it
    wibble im slightly confused can u help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops1)
    wibble im slightly confused can u help?
    yea sure... what do you want help wiv?

ReputationRep:
    yea sure... what do you want help wiv?
    i dont get how to write about this quote...

"a hospital alone shows what war is" -- like subject matter being the horrors of war etc...but how would u write about it

ReputationRep:
    i dont get how to write about this quote...

"a hospital alone shows what war is" -- like subject matter being the horrors of war etc...but how would u write about it
    I would write about the affect the war had (horrors of war etc) but i would probably also include for the wider reading something about Vera Brittain who worked in a hospital during the war... she wrote in "testament of youth" about how although she never saw the war first hand (ie was never on at the front line) the horrors that she saw in the hospital showed the affects the war was having... I might also mention "strange meeting" by Susan Hill as the 1st chapter shows Hilliard in the hospital... he had to sleep next to a man who not only was physically injured by the war but was also severely mentally disturbed! You might also want to talk about "Disabled" by Wilfred Owen...

Hope that helps... i was mainly talking about wider reading there as i don't really know the whole context the quote you gave was in... where was that quote from?

ReputationRep:
    I would write about the affect the war had (horrors of war etc) but i would probably also include for the wider reading something about Vera Brittain who worked in a hospital during the war... she wrote in "testament of youth" about how although she never saw the war first hand (ie was never on at the front line) the horrors that she saw in the hospital showed the affects the war was having... I might also mention "strange meeting" by Susan Hill as the 1st chapter shows Hilliard in the hospital... he had to sleep next to a man who not only was physically injured by the war but was also severely mentally disturbed! You might also want to talk about "Disabled" by Wilfred Owen...

Hope that helps... i was mainly talking about wider reading there as i don't really know the whole context the quote you gave was in... where was that quote from?
    the quote is actually from all quiet on the western front. you're really good, are u set for an A?

ReputationRep:
    the quote is actually from all quiet on the western front. you're really good, are u set for an A?
    Thanks but theres no way im gonna get an A in a million years... I'd really like to get a B but its gonna be a push! What are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but theres no way im gonna get an A in a million years... I'd really like to get a B but its gonna be a push! What are you hoping for?
    i need an A ... omg ur really good, u could get an A. ive been told i'll get a high B but i know othello and i plan on knowing keats inside out by a week tue and getting an A

ReputationRep:
    hey, yeh sorry i posted that quote on here, it's from 'all quiet on the western front' and it just basically means, that hospitals are so full up of the wounded during the war, that it shows the horror of the war, millions of casualties, etc. because the quote comes from an anti-war book, the quote means to say that the war is nothing but horror, losses of lives and many people injured/wounded, both physically and mentally. the word, 'alone' suggests this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    hey, yeh sorry i posted that quote on here, it's from 'all quiet on the western front' and it just basically means, that hospitals are so full up of the wounded during the war, that it shows the horror of the war, millions of casualties, etc. because the quote comes from an anti-war book, the quote means to say that the war is nothing but horror, losses of lives and many people injured/wounded, both physically and mentally. the word, 'alone' suggests this.
    omg...thank u for posting...its helped me from reading the book yet again

ReputationRep:
    i need an A ... omg ur really good, u could get an A. ive been told i'll get a high B but i know othello and i plan on knowing keats inside out by a week tue and getting an A
    I really won't get an A... the essays iv been doing iv been getting back as C's although saying that my teacher is quite a harsh marker! I'm doing othello as well... feeling ok about that... also doing blake which is a bit of a *******!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ppl! does anybody know where to get past papers for the synoptic paper on the internet? I went on the AQA website but they only have the june 2003 paper, which I have already!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I really won't get an A... the essays iv been doing iv been getting back as C's although saying that my teacher is quite a harsh marker! I'm doing othello as well... feeling ok about that... also doing blake which is a bit of a *******!
    i'm doing the same as you!
    how are you revising for blake and othello?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcpoopoo)
    i'm doing the same as you!
    how are you revising for blake and othello?
    I'm just going through essays iv done and seing where im weak... for blake im picking out some poems which i would need instead of memorising the whole of them... how are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    hey isn't there only 2 past papers on this unit, cos' it was only introduced in 2002 or something? i've only seen the 2002 and 2003 papers. has anyone seen any others?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.