This discussion is closed.
wibble...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sneezyme)
thats a good way-i might try that out!
what our teacher tells us to do is to annotate all the poems properly first. then for q.1a to make a table for the poems, with the two poems on the top, (row-wise) and the things you have to analyse (language, form etc.) down the bottom (column-wise). try to make this chat as detailled as poss. but using abbreviation (example. WR-for wider reading), so that when writing the essay, it becomes easier for you.
for q.1b we've been advised to do the same thing.
yea my teacher advised us to do it that way too... infact that's the way AQA advise and if you look on their website they have examples of essay plans!
ali*117
Report 14 years ago
do you mean mark schemes or actual plan plans?

have you got a link?
kokopops1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im getting worried now, annoying thing is that i have my german A2 the same day!!
ali*117
Report 14 years ago
i got three hours of geog after this lit exam! same exam board AQA lol
kokopops1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ali*117)
i got three hours of geog after this lit exam! same exam board AQA lol
yeh all my mates do 2! proper annoying!! soo worried about the german 2.5h exam!!
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
can anyone give me a link or something for the jan 2002 and jan 2003 papers please? i've never seen these! i've only practiced the june 2002 and june 2003 ones. thanx.
wibble...
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ali*117)
do you mean mark schemes or actual plan plans?

have you got a link?
I'm talking about proper essay plans... have a look at this link...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-6741-unit6-WGN.pdf
kokopops1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wibble...)
I'm talking about proper essay plans... have a look at this link...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-6741-unit6-WGN.pdf
this is deffo tuesdays paper rite?
wibble...
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kokopops1)
this is deffo tuesdays paper rite?
yea definitely... synoptic unit 6, war literature A2 AQA spec A... if this is what you're doing then its the right one
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I personally think making a table would take up too much time. I think most time needs to be spent on getting your head around the texts and sequencing the order of what you're going to write. I don't know about other people, but for me, the hardest part is working out the order of the essay, not actually working out what to say about the extracts.
wibble...
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
I personally think making a table would take up too much time. I think most time needs to be spent on getting your head around the texts and sequencing the order of what you're going to write. I don't know about other people, but for me, the hardest part is working out the order of the essay, not actually working out what to say about the extracts.
I also don't like planning essays using a table but I know a few people who do... personally I prefer to make random notes over the extracts and then using the bullets points they give in the question gather the ones I want to use together... how does everyone else do it?
Hades
Report 14 years ago
HOLY ****.

I had no idea just how much revision this stupid exam takes!
I'm gonna revise the night before. I have done NO wider reading in terms of novels, but I know Vitae Lampada and Due of the Dead fairly well, in terms of poems. Also, I have watched a lot of Blackadder. Think I can get away with a B?
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
HOLY ****.

I had no idea just how much revision this stupid exam takes!
I'm gonna revise the night before. I have done NO wider reading in terms of novels, but I know Vitae Lampada and Due of the Dead fairly well, in terms of poems. Also, I have watched a lot of Blackadder. Think I can get away with a B?
Good luck with that one I reckon that if you're good, it's possible to get away with it, providing you pick a number of key poems/other extracts that span a number of themes. Glad I haven't risked it though..
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm feeling very moved and thoughtful at the moment as i've just finished reading 'strange meeting'-truly a great book, i recommend it to anyone who can finish it by 2moro!
i usually do a chart, as that way i know exactky what my essay will include, if i don't do a chart, i feel stuck or words when writing the essay-but then thats just me and everyone works differently!
kokopops1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm feeling very moved and thoughtful at the moment as i've just finished reading 'strange meeting'-truly a great book, i recommend it to anyone who can finish it by 2moro!
i usually do a chart, as that way i know exactky what my essay will include, if i don't do a chart, i feel stuck or words when writing the essay-but then thats just me and everyone works differently!
what dya mean a chart?
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm talking about this chart:

thats a good way-i might try that out!
what our teacher tells us to do is to annotate all the poems properly first. then for q.1a to make a table for the poems, with the two poems on the top, (row-wise) and the things you have to analyse (language, form etc.) down the bottom (column-wise). try to make this chat as detailled as poss. but using abbreviation (example. WR-for wider reading), so that when writing the essay, it becomes easier for you.
for q.1b we've been advised to do the same thing.
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just in case i can't make it o n the forum again today,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOR TOMORROW!

just keep an eye on the time!
slowjamz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
On the AQA website, there's a script which got full marks- I thought that was interesting to look at seeing as I need an A too
Think I could really do with looking at this to brush up for tomorrow! Can't find it on the AQA site though...? Could you possibly point me in the right direction? Thanks so much
Hades
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
Good luck with that one I reckon that if you're good, it's possible to get away with it, providing you pick a number of key poems/other extracts that span a number of themes. Glad I haven't risked it though..
YIKES! Well I've got an A in English AS, and in my coursework module for A2...lets just say I get a low B in War Lit. If I get a high A in Othello and Keats, would I be able to get an A overall? Wah I hate this!
Hades
Report 14 years ago
just in case i can't make it o n the forum again today,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOR TOMORROW!

just keep an eye on the time!
Thanks
I need it BIG TIME...!
Good luck everybody
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (479)
79.97%
Leave (120)
20.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed