What's the name for someone who believes in god but doesn't care about religion?

Watch
Longshot700
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I believe in god and that but I don't really believe in religion/ don't really care.
I believe in the freedom of religion, but I don't know the name for someone who thinks that way.

I personally believe if you think you can ridicule someone just because they believe in an entity/ non entity even though they've never done anything to you. You are what's wrong with the world.

Because I've just about had it with some elitist christians down my church almost pushing me over the edge, just to come home and go on the internet and have a group of elitist atheists throwing me under the same bus as them. I'm not sure I want to be associated with either.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Longshot700)
So I believe in god and that but I don't really believe in religion/ don't really care.
I believe in the freedom of religion, but I don't know the name for someone who thinks that way.

I personally believe if you think you can ridicule someone just because they believe in an entity/ non entity even though they've never done anything to you. You are what's wrong with the world.

Because I've just about had it with some elitist christians down my church almost pushing me over the edge, just to come home and go on the internet and have a group of elitist atheists throwing me under the same bus as them. I'm not sure I want to be associated with either.
I guest just plainly calling yourself a theist is the closest thing to your beliefs.
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Apathetic.
Andy2463
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You would be an Agnostic:

An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agnosticism?
Mas biran
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deist

Posted from TSR Mobile
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deism?
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Longshot700)

The correct term you're looking for is heretic

Ex Amino,
Ser Alex
Andy2463
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guys I sit corrected, Deism seems to be the one:

Deism is a natural religion. Deists believe in the existence of God, on purely rational grounds, without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority, or holy text. Because of this, Deism is quite different from religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Muslim, Christian, Jew. Take your pick.
Longshot700
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
Apathetic.
Apathetic, ok
Катя
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deist
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.56%
I'm not sure (46)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (513)
48.81%

Watched Threads