The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

not many people get unconditional offers in everything so count yourself lucky!!
lolol i agree with you. I've got 6 offers from all my choices, no i can't be arsed to do any more work on this course, although i know i have to....these last 5 months are going to be a drag for me...oh well, it'll be over before we know it and off to uni! :biggrin:
Reply 3
We call that senioritis here in the US :p:
lol fed up with your last grade huh? bless
Reply 5
I couldn't be bothered working in sixth year even with conditionals. A lot of people I know left school when they got uncons though, so no, you're not alone.
Reply 6
I was like that until I got my last offer in from St Andrews. Damn them!!! :p:
Now I actually need to worry about passing biology!
Reply 7
A scottish friend of mine was in the same situation, he ended up getting Es but went to Edinburgh!
Reply 8
I would still work hard, because you may find that employers want a certain amount of UCAS points, as well as the degree itself. Especially for industrial years (if you're doing one)....

Not sure if they give a monkeys about A levels after you've graduated though....
Reply 9
teted - how the heck did u manage to get unconditionals for such strong uni's?! i've got friends with straight A's and they only got conditionals from all the good english ones.

I'm thinking i may work hard in some of the coursework, especially the stuff i'm interested in and will be using at uni next year. The AH projects on the other hand...
and i thought of leaving school but the social scene in my year is amazing!
I already have my A-levels, I'm on a gap year... they can't give me a conditional offer if I'm not taking any exams!
Reply 11
thats so jammy! they could make you go to summer school or something couldnt they though? what you doing for your gap year?
Reply 12
Dergh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 13
How did DrEvil manage to get a conditional if he is on a gap year too? double standards...
SmilerNuts
thats so jammy! they could make you go to summer school or something couldnt they though? what you doing for your gap year?

Just working at the moment, going to university in London so I need the money.
Reply 15
how can he do that if he is working in John Lewis though?
Reply 16
SmilerNuts
how can he do that if he is working in John Lewis though?

You don't have to go to school to resit exams (or even do complete A-levels).
Reply 17
Well if you dont try hard on your last year and actually learn something you will find university level hard, trust me.
im transferring unis next year and have decided to say here until the year is up
1. cos theres no way im going to just waste 6 grand go home n spend more money
and 2. i hate the thought of failing! dont know why its the saddo in me! lol
Reply 19
NOOO! I need to update my sig! Sorry.. I keep reminding myself to do it but I just end up putting it off! All my offers are unconditional.

Latest

Trending

Trending