The Student Room Group

What type of bag is appropriate for Sixth Form?

Scroll to see replies

Most either carry a backpack (typically Nike) or a gym sports bag (also typically Nike).
Original post by callum_law
That explains the name Quentin. What boarding school? A decent one?

it's quite decent, though I may be bias
Original post by quentinhamilton
it's quite decent, though I may be bias

biased*

It seems those fees have been wasted. No, but which one? Stop cock-teasing.
Original post by quentinhamilton
The rules with bags doesn't change regardless of the weather. The only bag we have during a school day is a gym bag (if we're doing sports).
However, we obviously have bags for trips as you'd imagine.

Do you never have to step outdoor to get to some lessons?-is your school made up of one very large indoor building or something.Do you know why the rule with bags was enforced?
Original post by callum_law
biased*

It seems those fees have been wasted. No, but which one? Stop cock-teasing.

Sorry, my bad:lol:
Original post by Dalek1099
Do you never have to step outdoor to get to some lessons?-is your school made up of one very large indoor building or something.Do you know why the rule with bags was enforced?

Haha we do step outdoors to get to most lessons. I'm not too bothered about this particular policy; it never effected me.
Apparently it's not 'smart':s-smilie:
Original post by bobthebuilder99
Hi I was wondering what type of bags are suitable for Sixth Form for a male student. I don't want to turn up to Sixth Form with a Nike bag and look like and idiot and I prepared to spend a big extra ££ for a bussiness like bag if thats what people carry to Sixth Form.

Thanks in advance.

Lol ffs you serious, no one cares what bag you have. A Nike bag is fine and what most people would have anyways. This goes for nonuniform sixth forms and sixth forms that make you wear formal suits, if a business like bag is specified for uniform then get it obviously - if not then everyone will have casual bags tbh.
What about for girls? Anyone have any ideas, the Sixth Form I hope to go to requires students to dress formally- but I still want a backpack! Argh, the struggles D: I can't decide on what bag would be the most suitable.
Just get whatever bag you want. I started the year with a backpack I think, but ended the year with one of those thin canvas tote bags. If you have a locker to put your folders/textbooks in, then you don't need anything super sturdy or expensive. Guys at my Sixth Form were rarely seen with bags (most of them didn't even bother with folders/textbooks) but those who did generally went for the Nike backpacks/satchel type bags so you wouldn't look out of place. As long as it can hold your stuff don't worry too much about the design, no-one will really pay that much attention.
Original post by FatimaHere
What about for girls? Anyone have any ideas, the Sixth Form I hope to go to requires students to dress formally- but I still want a backpack! Argh, the struggles D: I can't decide on what bag would be the most suitable.

New Look have pretty 'formal' looking backpacks? Like the brown leather style if that's what you're into/allowed? We also had formal/business wear at my Sixth Form, so most girls bought a big 'handbag' style bag with them that would fit all their stuff (if not a backpack) but they wasn't too fused on what our bags looked like as long as we had everything we needed with us.
In my Sixth Form by the end of the year I ended up having to carry 3 totally full folders + loads of text books so you're gonna need a pretty big backpack! I have no idea how some girls at my Sixth Form managed to walk around with just their purses for their whole year whereas I had to deal with my back nearly breaking in half :colonhash:

Anyway, it doesn't matter whether it's nike or whatever. We have a formal dress code so i wore formal dresses and heels everyday and my bag had loads of horses and soldiers on it .. it was the biggest and most comfortable bag I could find so I couldn't care less what it looked like :tongue:
Original post by Zoelingua
New Look have pretty 'formal' looking backpacks? Like the brown leather style if that's what you're into/allowed? We also had formal/business wear at my Sixth Form, so most girls bought a big 'handbag' style bag with them that would fit all their stuff (if not a backpack) but they wasn't too fused on what our bags looked like as long as we had everything we needed with us.

But I need a really sturdy one :'/ I'm willing to spend a bit on it too. Thanks for your reply though. :smile:
I have a bag pack and it has lots of space with a laptop compartment, so consider that.

Quick Reply

Latest