username968420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This question may seem silly, because Essex is a much higher ranked uni than greenwich so you may think its obvious to say Essex but my situation is a bit different.
I've studied 2 years already at BCU doing Economics and Finance, and absolutely hated it. I am transferring to uni back to London (where i live and will commute to uni). Greeniwhich has accepted me for Economics bsc THIRD year entry and Essex has accepted me for Economics with maths bsc SECOND year entry.

So basically:

- Essex is a better uni (34), and they've offered me maths, but i'll have to do another year of university and its so much further for me to travel (1.5 hours and i do not want to live out)

- Greenwich is a worse uni (107) but this is for third year entry and its much closer to home (45 mins)...

What should I do? Has anybody else retaken a university year to transfer? Where have people transferred uni?

Thanks would appreciate any advice
lewif002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why don't you want to live away from home?

Essex University is well known for offering one of the best student experiences in England, think about it. Cheap accommodation, lots of friends and lots of fun. Seems worth it seems you'll be spending £80+ on travel anyway, may as well go for the whole package buddy.

Personally I'd go for Essex, it will educate you further and the certificate will hold much more value, but seriously, consider living there, don't let past experiences/stories put you off. You would love living in Essex.
username968420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lewif002)
Why don't you want to live away from home?

Essex University is well known for offering one of the best student experiences in England, think about it. Cheap accommodation, lots of friends and lots of fun. Seems worth it seems you'll be spending £80+ on travel anyway, may as well go for the whole package buddy.

Personally I'd go for Essex, it will educate you further and the certificate will hold much more value, but seriously, consider living there, don't let past experiences/stories put you off. You would love living in Essex.
Thanks for your advice, I took a drive up to Essex and it took me about 1hour 15 mins.. I know you said live out at uni but I really don't think it is for me.. I prefer living at home. But yeah I think I've now made up my mind to go to Essex and commute!

Just another question, Essex are quite flexible with courses.. They've offered Economics, Economics with maths or Economics and maths.. Anyone have any idea on what's best?

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (59)
18.38%
Unconditional if firmed (25)
7.79%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.62%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (11)
3.43%
No unconditional offers (224)
69.78%

Watched Threads