The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hehe, I'm averse to the taste of alcohol so I must confine myself to the realms of feminine beverages such as alchopops *sigh* :p:
there'll be mixers there - if im not drinking i always find it less awkward if i have a cup in my hand just with a soft drink of some kind in it
Reply 42
what mixers?
ok seriously how old are you? I'm trying to work out if you are young and naive or trolling.
oh gosh...how old are you?...you don't have to drink-no one will force you into it and if try tp..just say you're on meds and can't drink tonight.
I've asked them 3 times how old they are and they have avoided it so far, so dont necessarily expect a response.
Reply 46
sorry I am 17, not trolling, this is the first party I am going to hence I want to know as much as possible.
Just be yourself. I really doubt anyone is going to care.
Reply 48
Anonymous
i dont want to be forced into anything baiscally. i dont like the taste of drink either

I'd advise you to just force it down. I never used to like the taste of alcohol, but you do get used to it. :smile:
Reply 49
Simon
I'd advise you to just force it down. I never used to like the taste of alcohol, but you do get used to it. :smile:

lol i dont want to drink.
Reply 50
why not?
Reply 51
I swear, being sober does not mean you can't have a good time. I've been on some medication since before Christmas, meaning I can't drink (I will be trashed on half a glass of wine when I can drink again!:p: ), and have managed to have fun at a 21st, many 'bops' in college, and several nights out in clubs, where I've been the only one not drinking. Like somebody said, don't make a big deal out of it and don't act high and mighty like drinking is evil or something. Nobody cares whether you drink or not, as long as you aren't a miserable bugger- the person holding the party obviously enjoys your company otherwise they wouldn't have invited you. Also remember, not everyone drinks to get wasted. Lots of people (like me), only drink enough to loosen up a bit then stop. Then you sober up sooner, avoid the hangover and are less likely to do stupid things, but are in the mood to have a good time. Don't worry so much, go and have a good time!

Oh yes, just remembered something else- I sometimes feel awkward if I don't have a drink in my hands. So have some juice, coke, or even just water! This is also an advantage because if you're dancing and get all hot and thirsty, your drinks will actually quench your thirst, unlike alcohol that makes it worse!
Reply 52
*Joanna*
I swear, being sober does not mean you can't have a good time. I've been on some medication since before Christmas, meaning I can't drink (I will be trashed on half a glass of wine when I can drink again!:p: ), and have managed to have fun at a 21st, many 'bops' in college, and several nights out in clubs, where I've been the only one not drinking. Like somebody said, don't make a big deal out of it and don't act high and mighty like drinking is evil or something. Nobody cares whether you drink or not, as long as you aren't a miserable bugger- the person holding the party obviously enjoys your company otherwise they wouldn't have invited you. Also remember, not everyone drinks to get wasted. Lots of people (like me), only drink enough to loosen up a bit then stop. Then you sober up sooner, avoid the hangover and are less likely to do stupid things, but are in the mood to have a good time. Don't worry so much, go and have a good time!

Oh yes, just remembered something else- I sometimes feel awkward if I don't have a drink in my hands. So have some juice, coke, or even just water! This is also an advantage because if you're dancing and get all hot and thirsty, your drinks will actually quench your thirst, unlike alcohol that makes it worse!

thanks this is probably the best advice i have recieved. One last thing, is there anything better i could say if they said like come on come on come on have one rather than saying im on medication.
i can't believe that you have never been to a party which involves drinking, at the age of 18!

TSR never fails to amuse me...
Reply 54
notsoperfect
i can't believe that you have never been to a party which involves drinking, at the age of 18!

TSR never fails to amuse me...

lol i dont drink which is why i am after advice.
yeah I just drink usually J20 or Coke or something, take any silly insults on the chin, who cares?
Reply 56
Philosoraptor
yeah I just drink usually J20 or Coke or something, take any silly insults on the chin, who cares?

yeah plus wont everyone else be partly pissed to notice:redface:
start drinking then!
Reply 58
i dont like to drink.
Reply 59
as the party is at a bar, we hav to buy our own stuff. will there be coke etc there and also do u need id for vodka etc

Latest

Trending

Trending