How many of you girls have guyfriends and how many of you guys have girlfriends?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
well do you? and how long you been together with ure bloke/girl?

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 years and 2 months. I dont think i ever wanna go out with anyone else! Im really happy with her - im only 18!

What do ppl think on the matter of love etc? --- so much to discuss!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's pretty cool to have found some1 like that, and especially to keep a relationship going for over 2 years at our age. How old is she?

Phil
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Nope, not me :/.
Unregistered1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Nope. Never had a girlfriend, and I'm 17.

I still think high school isn't the right time to get a relationship. People still don't know what they want. Usually, it's the good looks and that's it, not much of personality seeking. Getting one in the same school, let alone same year, is worse enough as it becomes an everyday drama and gets in other people's lives, creating gossips and couples tend to lose friends due to more isolation to make room for their relationship. Getting a relationship outside of school is pretty decent though, as it doesn't make other people around you jealous and that there is less publicity. This is what I've observed through many couples at my school. Relationship outside of your school is always bliss.

Still, seeking a relationship in perhaps the 2nd year of university would be ideal, in my opinion, if not during work. Again, the more private, the better - by that I mean less known.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I see what you mean, and kinda agree.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
she is 17, although in my year at college, we met at school, i dont think it caused us to loose friends, its actually caused us to make friends with each others. And one of mine is now also going out with one of hers. I just came back from holiday with all of them and it was excellent! u just have to wait till u meet someone u connect with, then ull c what i mean!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you going to Uni this year or next?

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
this, and we went against our parents on this one, we are both going to exeter, we just couldnt imagine life without each other. But even if we split again exeter uni is so huge that we prob wouldnt meet very often. We have applied to different accomodation cos we both think its important not to be to relient on each other.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's pretty cool, and mature, that you've thought it out so well, as well as predicted my question as to whether or not you were both going to go to the same uni. Are you both looking at the same course??

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
im engineering and shes doing chem and law joint
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What was your offer, and in what subjects, and if possible what was hers?

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
if possible? we no everything bout eachother! i was bbb for meng and ccc for beng in "mech eng" and needing maths and physics. She was offered bbb but they will go down. she needs chem
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm impressed, sounds like you've struck lucky, and found a good relationship. congratulations

Phil
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered1
[B]Never had a girlfriend, and I'm 17.[B]
Same here, am 18 though.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What course you looking at, and where?
I'm looking at economics and management at Pembroke, as I went on the open day, and spent the night up there, and absolutely loved the town, and the chilled atmosphere in the college.

Phil
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm a bit split between Law at Merton, Oxford and Philosophy at Trinity Cambridge! Probably go for Cambridge though, because Law is so competitive.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What subjects you doing at the moment, and at what level, e.g. AS, A2 etc.?
I'm doing Maths, Economics, Business Studies, French, and General Studies for AS, and will probably drop General, and do the other 4 for A2.

Phil
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have just finished AS's in Maths, English, French, Philosophy and Critical Thinking and I'll probably carry on the first four since critical thinking isn't available at A2. I hope I've done well enough for a chance at oxbridge!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know what you mean. I hate this whole waiting process, not knowing as to whether or not there's anypoint even looking at Oxford. What exam boards did you do for French and Maths, and how did you find the exams?

Phil
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Edexcel for maths - P1, P2 and M1...I really messed up on my M1 but hopefully my other exams which i found quite easy will bring my grade up to an A.

As for French, I found this the easiest of all. I did it on AQA.

I think I was too complacent about exams this year, because i got nearly all A*s in my GCSEs so hardly did any work for AS! I'll probably be well shocked on results day to discover that all this planning for oxbridge was pointless! I went to Cambridge open day and I'd absolutely dieee to go there. I really hope I make it! Do you have msn?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads