How many of you girls have guyfriends and how many of you guys have girlfriends?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Win 95 was the last decent operating system that M/S produced. Everyone since has been either buggy, unstable, incompatible with everthing ever written.

Given the choice of any M/S operating system I would choose DOS immediately.
Jim Hull
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
DOS!!! Ha! It was good, but unless you know everything there is to know about it, ur not going to get far!!
I liked 98, I think thats the best. Had everything you ever wanted.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Yes everything you ever wanted including some **** you didn't for example:

1) A **** load of bugs (even in the updates)!
2) Serious security issues!
3) The biggest "self-rotting" OS ever!

DOS is a great OS if you are willing to give it a chance. Otherwise I would be using Linux (which ever version you fancy) or the Win2k Unix Server.
Jim Hull
Report 16 years ago
ha. yeah ok I agree with you there! What about apple? I have never used their os, what is it like??
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
It is like a Operating System version of Briney Spears!

i.e. - Its great to look at but after while you realise that there is no substance there.
Jim Hull
Report 16 years ago
lol
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Leekey
Otherwise I would be using Linux (which ever version you fancy) or the Win2k Unix Server.
Didn't know there was a Win2k Unix Server. I'm using both Win2k and Red Hat Linux 8.0 here .
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Are you a member of the MSDN thingy???

Do you run a dual boot for them or seperate machines??
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
MSDN - Nope. I dual boot .
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My dad uses 95, cause he hates windows, and Gates. Also,
1. There's no doubt it's the most stable windows
2. He loves Dos, and still uses wordstar, causes he likes being able to get down to near basic code.

By the way thanks for the help, Andy. I'll try again.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
PHIL, please inform your dad that he is a very intelligent person and that I use DOS also. I think I should start a campaign of some sort to promote the use of DOS in the home.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By the way, just managed to get MSN up and running at last at home (Hurray), but don't have it at work. So thanks again for your help Andy.
I would say I'll pass on the message to my dad, but I've got a terrible memory, and so I'll probably forget, so I'd be lying.
Phil

You still working Leekey
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Finished about 2 hours ago (worked very slow today). All done and dusted ready to be collected.

Will nip down my local later for a bit of a reward.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
98 se was deff the best windows. i run xp, but considering using linux on my new computer. Im gonna buy one for uni, i want 3ghz, 1gig ram, dvd writer. Is now good, or wait till october?
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you taking a laptop or a full system? I don't think there is that much space in the rooms is there?

I'm taking my crap pentium 266 thinkpad that i bough a few months ago for £200.
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hopefully edinburgh uni, leeds is second choice tho.
hows bout u lot?
x o x
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I plan to build one for Uni (wherever I end up going). I will decide on my specs next year when the next gen of processors come out (don't really fancy a Japanesse import). I will keep my Lappy because its my baby and I love it but I think that Uni is a good excuse to build myself a new system (again).
Ollie
Rep:
?
either laptop or desktop, are there gonna be many advances in tech? ive never been brave enough to make my own!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
The best processor currently available for commercial sale is produced in Japan and it is a massive 6.4Ghz!!! I would expect us to catch on that we can go beyond the 4.2Ghz barrier by next April. Other than that I don't think that there will be too many (unless your paying loads for a stupidly awesome graphics card - like I am).

You don't have to be brave to build your own, you just need to know what you are doing. I would reccomend you read up on it before you attempt it (if you do).
Ollie
Rep:
?
i think ill buy one, is 3ghz unrealistic with 1g ram? and what about dvd write, i dont want to be left witht the wrong format
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads