The Student Room Group

sweat problems

Does excessive sweat in someone put you off them?

Scroll to see replies

Don't mean to be overly judgmental but it'd depend on their size. If someone was slim or average sized then excessive sweat (in girls) would be fine, but if they're significantly overweight then yes, it puts me off.
Reply 2
So it's more someone's size that puts you off? I used to weigh 7 and a half stone and I used to sweat excessively and now weigh 10 stone and still sweat the same. It's a health problem rather than a size problem. Does that make any difference?
Reply 3
The smell would put me off. Have you tried anti-perspirant?
Reply 4
Original post by llys

What do you think?! People often make that judgement.

Sweat doesn't smell. It's the bacteria on the skin that smells. If your personal hygiene is good then you won't smell. Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition and therefore those who suffer from it have absolutely no choice because there is no cure.
Reply 5
Sweating is good but as someone pointed out sweating due to excessive fat is just dirty.
Original post by llys

What good would ******* anti perspirant do if you sweat on your face, head, back ect.

And to OP it will definitely put people off.Society is all about looks and appearance.
Reply 7
Original post by jilal
Sweating is good but as someone pointed out sweating due to excessive fat is just dirty.

What if the person is fat due to medical reasons, like taking steroids or on cancer treatment? Is that still dirty?
Reply 8
Original post by The two eds
What good would ******* anti perspirant do if you sweat on your face, head, back ect.

And to OP it will definitely put people off.Society is all about looks and appearance.

Do you have experience in hyperhidrosis by any chance? You're right about head back and neck - there are sweat glands in every inch of our bodies and if they're overactive, you sweat.
Original post by jilal

Hahahahahaha since when do people sweat because of excessive fat what?
Original post by The two eds

then have deodorant and anti-perspirant :sexface:

I mean it's normal to sweat in extremely hot weather so I wouldn't think any of it

The real scare is when it's -3 and you're sweating enough to resolve a drought :K:
Original post by trapking
Hahahahahaha since when do people sweat because of excessive fat what?

perhaps because when it's hot the sweat starts forming in the rolls...
Reply 12
Original post by thecatwithnohat

You sound very experienced...

I assumed it would be good lubrication for the rolls as it forms underneath the roll layers no?
Reply 14
then have deodorant and anti-perspirant :sexface:

I mean it's normal to sweat in extremely hot weather so I wouldn't think any of it

The real scare is when it's -3 and you're sweating enough to resolve a drought :K:

That happens. You can be sitting still and all of a sudden you're like a human colander.
Original post by Melonlemon
You sound very experienced...

It's common sense really lol, I'm not even near overweight in BMI :lol:

That happens. You can be sitting still and all of a sudden you're like a human colander.

I wouldn't know, I'd understand if it happened while you were wearing a hell of a lot of clothing

Original post by trapking
I assumed it would be good lubrication for the rolls as it forms underneath the roll layers no?

Hmm I haven't a clue, perhaps? :innocent:
Reply 16
It's common sense really lol, I'm not even near overweight in BMI :lol:

I wouldn't know, I'd understand if it happened while you were wearing a hell of a lot of clothing

That's not generally something people with HH do. It starts by burning up inside and your whole body goes into a stage of panic and you can't escape the fear that has taken over your body. If your temperature increases by 4 degrees c, you become confused and disoriented. If your temperature increases by 7 degrees c, you'll die. You have no control over your body or the sweating. That's the same at 7 stone or 27 stone.

Hmm I haven't a clue, perhaps? :innocent:

No. Continually wet skin creates infections. Lubrication is unnecessary.
No. Continually wet skin creates infections. Lubrication is unnecessary.

eh why did you quote me haha?

That's not generally something people with HH do. It starts by burning up inside and your whole body goes into a stage of panic and you can't escape the fear that has taken over your body. If your temperature increases by 4 degrees c, you become confused and disoriented. If your temperature increases by 7 degrees c, you'll die. You have no control over your body or the sweating. That's the same at 7 stone or 27 stone.

I didn't write this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending