Studying Abroad Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is anyone studying abroad as part of their degree? If so, where and what course/uni do you go to? What are your thoughts about it?

If you're not going to syudy abroad, would you like to? And where would you want to go?

I want to spend a year in either USA or Canada as part of my degree
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If I want to do postgraduate research, I'd seriously consider going to the USA.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Check the finances too. Some programs pay fees + maintainance. Others fees only.
wizard
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I will spend a year in spain as part of my degree.
johncleaner
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to study in a Canadian University during my second year, which you can do at York although places are extremely competitive.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm hoping to spend my 3rd year working for Sun Microsystems in California Well, as long as I get past the interview.
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by who_me)
I'm hoping to spend my 3rd year working for Sun Microsystems in California Well, as long as I get past the interview.
Ooohhh ... Silicon Valley!
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get to do a year in France or Belgium if I continue with my French, Spain or Argentina if I pick up Spanish again or Italy if I start Italian. There's also a chance to go to the USA, Canada or Australia but that's extremely competitive.
Marie55
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm gonna be spending a year in France as part of my degree. My degree is Psychology with French and apparently I can't do a year of my psychology course in France so I'm going to be doing assistant teaching.
It's a really exciting- different country, different language, different people and different job. Obviously, the idea does make me rather nervous, but I hope I shall come away from it with more confidence and independence and fluent French.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Id love to go to Prague or Vienna, Italy would be nice as well.
Kiril
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by who_me)

What university is that you're studying in? Have you heard whether the past participants in this programme remained happy after the experience (pay-wise, experience-wise..)?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A semester in New Zealand (I'm hoping) in my third year.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kiril)
What university is that you're studying in? Have you heard whether the past participants in this programme remained happy after the experience (pay-wise, experience-wise..)?
I'm studying Computer Science at Kent. Because they're an authorised Java Campus, Sun usually send about 20 students from the course per year. The places are competitive but the lecturer said I had a good chance of getting a place because they're trying to get more females onto the placement scheme.

I spoke to one of the students who had worked for Sun in Cali on his placement when I went for the open day - he said it was the best year of his life! Sun pay for the accommodation and flights as well. The job they gave him was a really important one as well, I can't remember exactly what it was but he said by the end of it he was leading team meetings etc. Not sure about the pay, can't remember if it was unpaid because Sun paid all expenses etc.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm hopefully going to canada as part of my course in my third year (thats if my exam grades are good enough!).
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I'm hopefully going to canada as part of my course in my third year (thats if my exam grades are good enough!).
You're at UEA aren't you? I'm going to apply there. American and Eng lit with a year in USA
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im going to be going to france and germany - part of my course - im looking forward to going to germany - in 2006 - world cup fussball
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll be going anywhere if my degree course has a study abroad program.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd love to go to any other English speaking country as part of my degree, not sure if I could cope with a new language whilst continuing to learn in English.
midnight
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going to either France or Canada in my third year, hopefully Canada though because i have french citizenship and used to live there so i'd really like to go somehwere new although apparently it's quite competitive.

I'll be doing International management with french at UMIST.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since places like Australia and the US aren't on Eramus scheme is it likley that the LEA will fund the trip it instead?... if its a compulsary part of your degree..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (30)
27.03%
No - I got the required grades (67)
60.36%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.61%

Watched Threads