LoriKate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Im starting a lifelong learning sector PGCE in Sept and really dont know what to expect.

Anyone else doing or done similiar?

Also im doing it part-time as I have a 1 year old and thought full-time would be too intense

Any general info on lifelong learning pgce's would be appreciated eg how did you find the course and what did it mostly consist of?
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm hoping to do a pgce in further education next year. I've being told to expect to do two days in uni plus 100 to 150 hours of teaching throughout the year.

I would be keen to find a part time course but I think less funding is available for part time.
LoriKate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yeah thats pretty much what Iv been told about the hours too except the 100 hours will be spread over 2 years as its part time.
Yeah for part-time they fund you for the actual course fees but you wont get any of the extra funding like maintainence-loan/grant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads