samir54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I want to know whether meeting gcse requirements grade for a uni course is a must.

I want to apply for radiography at hefordshire they requirements are A to C in maths physics and English

I have a distinction* in btec science in gcse
Wanted to know if that be okay ???
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samir54)
Hi,
I want to know whether meeting gcse requirements grade for a uni course is a must.

I want to apply for radiography at hefordshire they requirements are A to C in maths physics and English

You d have to ask hertfordshire if they except equivalents or not i m afraid. Have you done more than one science a level? if you ve more than met the level 3 requirements it may help but nobody can say for sure except hertfordshire uni itself
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

You will have to ask the university this directly. Anyone on here would be only speculating and that's not good enough. You need to hear it from them.
Serena17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
You d have to ask hertfordshire if they except equivalents or not i m afraid.
They accept Level 3 BTEC Science for that course, so I have a feeling they'll also accept Level 2 BTEC as an equivalent for GCSE.

But its always best to give them a call and confirm it with them
c.w.2015
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At the moment some uni's accept GCSE equivalents but they are phasing this out and will only accept the GCSE's stated in future.
Best to ring your local university.
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Hi Samir,

Glad to hear you're considering Hertfordshire! In terms of GCSE, generally the grades are must. We do accept functional skills too though. For Radiography we require at least 5 GCSE's including English Language, Maths and Science (C+).

As some of the other members said- I would call admissions to double check the entry requirements! - 01707 284800

Best wishes,

Rosanna
samir54
Rep:
?
So will the English Igcse cover the English language and will the equivalent to the A* in science cover for the science grade ?

Thank I will get in contact with the office
samir54
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
You d have to ask hertfordshire if they except equivalents or not i m afraid. Have you done more than one science a level? if you ve more than met the level 3 requirements it may help but nobody can say for sure except hertfordshire uni itself
At the moment im doing medical science national diploma at college which hopefully i will end up with a ddd at the end of the year
samir54
Rep:
?
(Original post by Serena17)
They accept Level 3 BTEC Science for that course, so I have a feeling they'll also accept Level 2 BTEC as an equivalent for GCSE.

But its always best to give them a call and confirm it with them
Thanks i shall get in contact with them
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
65.71%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
22.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads