Can I get good grades at a bad school?

Watch
sharan77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So. I am about to go into year 12 and I predict to get mostly B grades at gcse with a few A's one or 2 c's. I know I could have tried much harder so I know I can do better. My point is I am going to go to dudley sixth form next year to do biology, chemistry and computing. My question is that dudley is not a good school it is not awful but it doesn't get notable results. Can I get A's and A*'s at dudley sixth form is it even possible! If anyone has any advice or own stories of high grades at bad schools please let me know thank you.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It requires much self study
bethanystephens_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going there too! Message me and we can chat x
Sandiee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you are really committed to getting the grades that you want then of course it is possible. I would recommend getting a tutor form early on in the year because it will fly by so quickly you will be shocked. Either get a tutor for all of your subjects which I know can be expensive, alternatively get a tutor for the subject(s) that you feel least confident in.
You will have to do a lot of work on your own terms and in your own time, and make some sacrifices in the amount of time you spend out with friends - don't get me wrong though it is extremely important to go out and have fun sometimes and still have a social life - getting that balance is crucial, but don't get pulled down by peer-pressure, if you want those grades in a school which may not be fantastic you have to be willing to work for it. If you are prepared to do so then you can most definitely get the grades that you want.
Best of luck
Nervouswreckgirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should be able to just keep your head down with work but keep your chin high with hope
seizetoday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, in the same way you can get bad grsdes at a good school.
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's much easier at a bad school because Universities give you lenience so you don't even have to achieve anything special. You can underachieve and still be successful so don't worry.

And self study is 100x more efficient than school lessons if you do it right.
Sophie7699
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as you're a dedicated person who studies properly I don't see why you can't! It depends on the person, likewise there's always going to be people who go to good schools and do badly because they don't put enough effort in. You can get the grades you want, just knuckle down, study and don't get distracted!! Good luck, you'll be fine!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (628)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed