The Student Room Group

I have no where to go/live??

So before I was living with my mum for the longest time then when I was 15, my mum kicked me out and I went to stay with my dads. I left my dads house a couple a weeks ago because he gave me no freedom and no privacy and it was frustrating. He still gives me money though and asks how I am etc but I just needed space. Now that I have been living with my mum for 2 weeks, I remember why I left when she kicked me out. Even if I keep to myself, she will find anyway to create an argument even if you just dont say anything the entire time. She has so much personally rage and sadness and she just takes it out on anyone and everyone. She is also very ignorant and uneducated so her arguments and stuff dont even make sense. She also favours the wrong people and whenever you try to tell her stuff she will backlash. I've never been close with my mum, she basically neglected me and my brothers when we were little. Anyway my brother lives with my dad and my brother has already thrown away all my stuff and taken my room so I dont really have anywhere to go back to and it feels like hell staying here. I told my only close cousin and her mum doesnt think its a good idea for me to stay there (she doesnt know the whole situation or doesnt want to get involved). I dont know where to go. I cant handle not even being allowed to have friends and I cant handle having a stressful argument everyday.

I cant talk to either of them because they are both so ignorant and stubborn. I just want to go to a place and never come back. It really doesnt help that I have failed my AS exams so wont be going to unii asap either. I honestly dont know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So before I was living with my mum for the longest time then when I was 15, my mum kicked me out and I went to stay with my dads. I left my dads house a couple a weeks ago because he gave me no freedom and no privacy and it was frustrating. He still gives me money though and asks how I am etc but I just needed space. Now that I have been living with my mum for 2 weeks, I remember why I left when she kicked me out. Even if I keep to myself, she will find anyway to create an argument even if you just dont say anything the entire time. She has so much personally rage and sadness and she just takes it out on anyone and everyone. She is also very ignorant and uneducated so her arguments and stuff dont even make sense. She also favours the wrong people and whenever you try to tell her stuff she will backlash. I've never been close with my mum, she basically neglected me and my brothers when we were little. Anyway my brother lives with my dad and my brother has already thrown away all my stuff and taken my room so I dont really have anywhere to go back to and it feels like hell staying here. I told my only close cousin and her mum doesnt think its a good idea for me to stay there (she doesnt know the whole situation or doesnt want to get involved). I dont know where to go. I cant handle not even being allowed to have friends and I cant handle having a stressful argument everyday.

I cant talk to either of them because they are both so ignorant and stubborn. I just want to go to a place and never come back. It really doesnt help that I have failed my AS exams so wont be going to unii asap either. I honestly dont know what to do.

You can get a job, find your own place, move in, have your privacy and the type of friends that you want. Do that and your 'ignorant and uneducated parents wont be disturbing you. Problem solved and everyone is happy.
Reply 2
Original post by bardnnyc
You can get a job, find your own place, move in, have your privacy and the type of friends that you want. Do that and your 'ignorant and uneducated parents wont be disturbing you. Problem solved and everyone is happy.

Its hard to get a job these days and how can I move out with no money? By the time I get money, I will be half way through unii -_- I wish there was an easier way...
You need to improve your relationship with your mother and father. So you have emotional security that is most important thing for you. Finding somewhere to live and fail your AS exams are secondary problems which come from your lack of emotional security.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Its hard to get a job these days and how can I move out with no money? By the time I get money, I will be half way through unii -_- I wish there was an easier way...

There are lots of jobs luv, Have you gone to jobcentres? Have you not got friends who are working, ask them to put in a word for you. Check online, there must be lotta jobs in your post code.
Reply 5
Original post by william walker
You need to improve your relationship with your mother and father. So you have emotional security that is most important thing for you. Finding somewhere to live and fail your AS exams are secondary problems which come from your lack of emotional security.

its not gonna happen any time soon. my mum is just as messed up as me cause her mother treated/still does treat her awful and my dad is so busy playing family charades.
Reply 6
Original post by bardnnyc
There are lots of jobs luv, Have you gone to jobcentres? Have you not got friends who are working, ask them to put in a word for you. Check online, there must be lotta jobs in your post code.

I'm only 17.
Reply 7
I'm only 17.

Like someone said, why not try and build your relationship with your parents. I think you can do it if you really want to. You are dwelling too much on the negatives. think about the positive sides of your family and work on them. Your relationship with family needs fixing. Doing that might improve your relationship with friends and even your GCSE.
its not gonna happen any time soon. my mum is just as messed up as me cause her mother treated/still does treat her awful and my dad is so busy playing family charades.

I have been talking with someone have problems with their parents like you are. They are being treated really badly by them because their parents problems. I always think the person needs to improve their relationship with their parents. People don't change their temptation does. So you need to give them a reason to change their relationship with you. It can't be because of someone else no longer being around though. It has to be about you putting yourself above everyone else so sort parents value you more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending