The Student Room Group

What is the best job one can get after a physics degree?

Assuming he gets a 2.1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm rather terrified, I dont want to end up teaching because I loathe children
investment banking
Reply 3
Original post by Raven of the Sun
investment banking

I have very little idea what that is.
I got an interest in economics but dunno about finance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Medical diagnosing and treatment? (Not too crazy about the salary tho)
Reply 5
I read somewhere if you can get certified in radiation techniques you'd be doing pretty well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 2014FHD
Medical diagnosing and treatment? (Not too crazy about the salary tho)

Can you get into management positions after a bsc?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
bump what are physics grads upto
McDonalds cleaner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
McDonalds cleaner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's what u managed after physics?
trolling?
Original post by Furios
that's what u managed after physics?
trolling?

Just an over estimate.
Reply 11
Original post by DiddyDec
Just an over estimate.

that's tragic
are u an investment banker then?
haha
Tesco
Reply 13
Original post by onimusha370
Tesco

Original post by onimusha370
Tesco

be serious 😊
Reply 14
physics is one of those degrees that's very adaptable. you can go into a lot of areas with a physics degree, so you need to decide what kind of job you want to do/would enjoy doing.
Reply 15
Original post by k3ro
physics is one of those degrees that's very adaptable. you can go into a lot of areas with a physics degree, so you need to decide what kind of job you want to do/would enjoy doing.

the thing I love is modelling real world situations which jobs would allow me that I know finance bit don't know much in it
defence industry wud be great
Reply 16
I would enjoy being someone. Who's consulted like an expert lawyer for example 😎
Reply 17
Original post by Furios
the thing I love is modelling real world situations which jobs would allow me that I know finance bit don't know much in it
defence industry wud be great

Modelling real world situations? What kind of situations? One of my friends just went to work at some kind of defence company, but IDR the name of it.

This page has a list of jobs that sounds like you might enjoy.
Reply 18
Original post by Furios
I would enjoy being someone. Who's consulted like an expert lawyer for example 😎

You can be a solicitor if you go down the non-law graduate route. You need to apply to companies for a training contract (TC) and then they will fund you to do the graduate diploma in law (GDL), then you work for the company for 2 years, then you hopefully get a job with them as a trainee solicitor. It's very competitive to become a solicitor (v v hard to get a TC) and you ideally need work experience in Law. You can also self-fund the GDL, but it's expensive and you may not get a job afterwards.

Another 'consultant' type job is perhaps working in a hospital for the NHS. In some of the roles you work with patients. As a graduate, the route you would have to take is the NHS STP. As a physicist, these roles would be available to you: radiation safety physics, radiotherapy physics, imaging with ionising radiation, imaging with non-ionising radiation, clinical pharmaceutical science.
Reply 19
Original post by k3ro
Modelling real world situations? What kind of situations? One of my friends just went to work at some kind of defence company, but IDR the name of it.

This page has a list of jobs that sounds like you might enjoy.

ah thanks for the link. What did he do any idea?
wbu?
thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest