The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

EE
they are good I suppose.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
What network are you with?
And what do you think of them and why?

I'm on 3, they're great as I find them cheaper than other networks when it comes to internet data which is want I use the most. They offer unlimited data contracts fairly cheaply and in many countries you can use your UK allowances without any extra charge at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Three, they're ok. I've got a contract and nothings went wrong yet :tongue:
Reply 4
a poll would be nice.

but giffgaff
Giffgaff.
They use O2's network, which I think has pretty good coverage. Apart from that, I don't really think about it that much.
Reply 6
3. It's fantastic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently on O2. Completely hate it and regret signing up for a contract. Absolutely terrible mobile internet. Can't make use of my data because there's never any internet signal. The signal is literally non-existent. Why do I have 8Gb of data if I can't even get 100Mb worth of internet usage! Insane. Forget about browsing YouTube, don't even think about that.

Used to be on 3. Absolutely terrible phone signal reception, and the mobile internet signal was completely non-existent if you're indoors (and I really mean completely non-existent) but it works reasonably well if you're outside in the open. Inside a building, you will not be able to use your mobile internet on 3 network, don't even think about it. Had to cancel my contract with them after a couple of months because I wasn't able to make calls or use the internet, so what's the point.

Next thing I'm going to try is EE. Last resort so it would better work.
(edited 8 years ago)
Orange with are with EE now :lol:
EE - 4g is a total scam can't wait to leave.
(edited 8 years ago)
EE but thinking about switching to 3 because it's cheaper.

EE has been pretty good - can't always get signal indoors but 99% of the time you can. They do tend to send you ads all the time though and I have no idea how to opt out.
I was with Virgin, although I'm not sure why. Then I left them last month, because their service sucks and they kept overcharging me by "accident".

I'm now with Giffgaff, because they're cheap and I have extremely good coverage with them.
three cheap and :smile:signal not too bad
Original post by Bushido Brown
EE - 4g is a total scam can't wait to leave.

I've just started that plan...what's the issue with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TMobile. Signal is pretty good but EE do send a lot of spam texts. Also the data "fair use policy" seems to have been changed but they don't actually display it on their website and there's conflicting information about whether or not it applies to my contract.
Original post by small_circles
I've just started that plan...what's the issue with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Low signal and internet speed when roaming central London, I get faster internet speeds when using Virgin Wifi most of the time. Also, the spam EE sends out is annoying.
I'm currently with Vodafone and their service is good but they're very expensive. If you go over your limit there's a high charge on that as well. That's why I'm moving to 3 next month. They're a cheaper and I get unlimited data, compared to 3GB with Vodafone. I'll be saving £5 a month which may not sound a lot but that's £60 over the year that I save.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pikachu94
three cheap and :smile:signal not too bad

Yeah same here and unlimited data is amazing :biggrin:
It just sucks being indoors a massive building you get no signal :redface:
And all for £12 a month as paying using debit card haha
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yeah same here and unlimited data is amazing :biggrin:
It just sucks being indoors a massive building you get no signal :redface:
And all for £12 a month as paying using debit card haha

believe me unlimited data 4G is amazing
Original post by Pikachu94