The Student Room Group

Most pointless gadget you own

Following from last week's Top 10 things people waste money on it seems a number of people have wasted money buying flashing electronics or kitchen gadgets they've never used.

So; what is the most pointless gadget you own? Did you buy a bread maker use it twice.. or maybe invested in a self-peeling apple device which still sits in it's original wrapper?

Personally I've got a mozzarella slicer which was supposed to save time, however it takes so long to wash after each use that I've probably wasted days just cleaning the damn thing.. but now I've got it, I still feel the need to keep using it!

How about you?

Scroll to see replies

My IPhone.

Utter garbage, it is.
Reply 2
The Wii, played it for like a month.:colonhash:
My Xbox one and ps4
Digital photo frame. So so pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A veg spiralizer. Someone thought it'd be a good present but I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it.
my TV
I still have that froth maker....which I haven't used in 8 years.
Reply 8
Original post by lascelles
Digital photo frame. So so pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm always tempted by these when I see them in shops. Have so far resisted the urge!
Bluetooth device with a pair of earphones on a short cable. I rarely use it, and it kind of sucks.
Original post by Reue
I'm always tempted by these when I see them in shops. Have so far resisted the urge!

I might use it more when I have my own place and it can go in a living room. But in my bedroom at my parents house where no one is going to see it, it is pretty pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TV remote control; because it is always either:

Lost down the back or side of the sofa (or armchair), or;

Under the cat, or;

In the possession of my wife or kids, or;

missing, but NEVER anywhere to be had when I need it.
Reply 12
Original post by lascelles
I might use it more when I have my own place and it can go in a living room. But in my bedroom at my parents house where no one is going to see it, it is pretty pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon it would still be pointless even after you have your own place :wink:
I had an Xbox 360 once, but sold it within a month since there was basically no differences worth £200 to the PS3.

My tablet (nexus 7) rarely gets used to so is kind of a waste.
House phone. Literally the only person who picks up the damn thing when it's ringing is my mum, and even she hates doing that. I just leave it ringing and make the person on the other end suffer. :colone:
My iPod nano now that I have spotify premium on my phone :frown:
My "rabbit" since I get so much of the D.
Portable Speaker. Used it for 2 weeks or something
Original post by Viva Emptiness
My "rabbit" since I get so much of the D.

You win this thread.

and for putting that image in my brain :sexface:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You win this thread.

and for putting that image in my brain :sexface:

The image of me banging lots of other guys as you watch?

Sounds about right, tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest