The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend right was I abnormal?

I'm female and my boyfriend thinks it was weird or immature of me that I collected some cartoon and Pokemon cards when I was 14 and 15 and went climbing buildings. I said that people at school were doing it and he said what girls I said no the lads he said 'you were a right lad wernt you'. I said how could I be immature if the lads at my age were doing it he said lads mature slower and that it was weird of a girl. I said so it's double standards then he said 'no how can it be double standards you were a girl they were lads girls have different urges'.

It annoys me the things he says but I've never been girly is he right though should I have matured faster?
You're boyfriend is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm female and my boyfriend thinks it was weird or immature of me that I collected some cartoon and Pokemon cards when I was 14 and 15 and went climbing buildings. I said that people at school were doing it and he said what girls I said no the lads he said 'you were a right lad wernt you'. I said how could I be immature if the lads at my age were doing it he said lads mature slower and that it was weird of a girl. I said so it's double standards then he said 'no how can it be double standards you were a girl they were lads girls have different urges'.

It annoys me the things he says but I've never been girly is he right though should I have matured faster?

There's nothing weird about that tbh.Your interests are your interests :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Climbimg buildings is unusual for both girls and boys, but I wouldn't say that makes you immature. Plenty of adults climb buildings when doing parkour so...
Reply 4
No you live your life the way you want to, people shouldn't feel pressured to conform to stereotypes
Reply 5

You boyfriend sounds like a ****.
Reply 6
Original post by Sayain army

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose I'm an alpha female rather than girly girl.
There's a difference between maturity and having interests.

Collecting cards is no more or less child-like than playing video games, board games or the like. It's immature if you prioritise these over 'adult' things like work once you become an adult. It's immature to believe it's real. It's normal to have them as an interest, though.

I don't think he's right, but it's an opinion than some people do hold (not a very insightful or rational one, but an opinion nevertheless).
Your boyfriend is immature for simply making that statement. Ignore it, continue being you and carry on doing the things that make you happy and make you, YOU. :smile:
I suppose I'm an alpha female rather than girly girl.

Nah probably just a Tom boy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore this child.

His account name - 'Saiyan Army' says it all...oops, I spelled your name correctly.
I did pretty much the same thing as a young teen, so I wouldn't class it as being abnormal in the slightest. An immature comment from your boyfriend.
Do whatever makes you happy. I like climbing buildings too lol, although not a fan of Pokemon. Instead, when I was about 12ish, I would collect Match Attaxs lol. Yu Gi Oh was calm too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well when l was 10 I used to collect pokemon cards and climb trees.
In my teens it was more about going out with friends and trying to hang out with guys lol.

I wouldn't say it was abnormal, loads of teens still do that kind of stuff, doesn't make you weird or immature.

And I'm now in my 20s and I know people who still enjoy pokemon. Don't fret!
Original post by Sayain army

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your grammar isn't.
Reply 15
I think it is odd, pokemon cards were a primary school thing, saying that though I knew a guy who would play the pokemon gameboy game into his teen years. I don't think you should take the comment to heart though and there is nothing wrong with doing your own thing. You don't live life to please others.
I'm 18, a girl and I still play Pokémon! You're boyfriend is being an ass, just ignore him and do what you love. I hate it when people act like your gender should define your interests. Plus, the climbing thing sounds pretty cool and bad ass.
Tell him to get a life.

There aren't things that are 'for boys' or 'for girls'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending