Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

random advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Fine. We'll leave the seat down and just pee all over it.
    So we have a choice - a seat down with pee all over it.
    A seat up with pee all over the bottom of it.
    Have you considered wiping the pee off the toilet?

Why can't you just sit down when you pee? I know guys only pee standing up because they can.

Recent conversation with a male friend

me: Why do you have to put the seat up in the first place? Why can't you use the big hole in the middle?

mf: Because it would splash on the seat, this way it splashes under where the seat is.

me: do you wipe over where it's splashed?

mf: no

me: so you don't mind that when I clean the toilet I have to wipe over where you've peed?

mf: Er I hadn't thought about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do they hand out moist tissues at Kentucky Fried Chicken then? Never seem 'em do that.

heeh well at the one near my college, they have loads of them and you can just help yourself to them - i stuff my pockets full of them hehe

ReputationRep:
    My advice, OK only relevent to a minority.

If you drive a car with hand controls, in particular a Guido-Simplex accelerator ring AND you have breasts larger than a C cup remember to put the hand break on before you try to look for something in the glove compartment.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sashh)
    My advice, OK only relevent to a minority.

If you drive a car with hand controls, in particular a Guido-Simplex accelerator ring AND you have breasts larger than a C cup remember to put the hand break on before you try to look for something in the glove compartment.
    hehehehe

Luckily the hand controls in our car are a level based thingy behind the steering wheel (that I don't really like - I get the feeling the ring ones are much nicer to use).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Are you supposed to wipe your ass with 'em or are they for cleaning the grease off your fingers after eating your tasty chicken skin?
    haha, i thought you could do want you want with them at your own personal discretion,

but yes, they are supposed to be for the nice chicken skin,

but i bet loads of people have tried it

ReputationRep:
    Never sleep with members of staff while at uni, as fun and exciting as it is it is also a lot of hassle and really just not the best idea in the world!

ReputationRep:
    Play hockey and kick ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    hehehehe

Luckily the hand controls in our car are a level based thingy behind the steering wheel (that I don't really like - I get the feeling the ring ones are much nicer to use).
    better if you have problems with your hands and shoulders, but also have the disadvantage of passengers being able to accelerate if they are so inclined. I once literally had a back seat driver who decided to lean forwards and accelerate while I was at red lights. I had my hand on the break so the car didn't move, but as he was deaf he couldn't hear the car revving and I wasn't going to take my hand of the break to sign to him.

ReputationRep:
    A tuna milkshake does not taste pleasant.

Do not consume alcohol before university intervews.

ReputationRep:
    Wear Sunscreen! That advice song was amazing!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Never take out free holiday insurance provided by your travel agent, if/when it comes to making a claim you are not actually insured for that much. Instead use a real insurance company, they are not that expensive

ReputationRep:
    If you ever fly anywhere via Singapore, pack swiming gear in your hand luggage. There is a pool at the airport and after a 12 hour flight it's a great way to relax befor the next leg.

ReputationRep:
    If you ever fly anywhere via Singapore, pack swiming gear in your hand luggage. There is a pool at the airport and after a 12 hour flight it's a great way to relax befor the next leg.
    I agree...
    another 1 don't try and take things out of the oven they tend to be hot!

ReputationRep:
    Another one ... don't attempt to give yourself a wedgie, it's not very pleasant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Another one ... don't attempt to give yourself a wedgie, it's not very pleasant!
    Don't get wedgied, full stop.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.