The Student Room Group

History as an extra GCSE??

Well I'm 15 and it's 3 days into the six weeks holidays and I would really like to take history as an extra GCSE after school or at home. But the head of history in my school is not very nice sometimes. I have been thinking about this for three days. I love doing extra work for things, I don't know why; but I don't want to overload myself with extra work.
I don't really get stressed that easily.

These are my end of KS3 levels of subjects I'm doing next year:
English:6A
Welsh:7C
Spanish:6A
French: 7B
Maths:7B
Science:6A
Art:7A
R.S (Short course): 6B

In history I'm 7B which I was surprised about, but my history teacher did say I should aim for a level 7 by the end of the year.
As you can tell I'm very hardworking! But I don't want to get stressed out!
What do you think I should do? I have talked to my parents but I will discuss it with them when they're not busy because my mum is making dinner at the moment and my dad is at work.

If I do, do history I'm going to go to the library after school everyday to study for it it; so I don't procrastinate.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's up to you. If your willing to put the hours of work in and are willing to love the political side of History, then go for it. It's up to you NOT your parents so don't let them decide for you. In your situation, I would take it.
If you want to and know you will do well then go for it if you can.
Hey! I learned the stuff for History GCSE in about 4 months and am predicted an A* (hopefully) for results day, so it can definitely be done! The most important thing is passion for the subject and practice papers :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest