The Student Room Group

Changing course - choose the wrong course

Hi guys. Before anyone gives me the third degree, I know, I have been VERY stupid. Trust me, I have tortured myself plenty.

I am doing a construction course at the local uni (building surveying) I failed last year, which was my first, due to sheer not being interested. Like an idiot I went back this year to repeat first year and passed. Now, the thought of going onto the second year of this course is making me feel ill.

And because we only get 4 years of funding, I am too late to start a degree that I wanted to do from the start, but got persuaded out of it due to 'lack of job prospects'. So basically, I can't start a new course, and have no job lined up to fall back on.

so I just want some information/advice from someone who's been in this position?

Anything would be greatly appreciated

You mean now its all changed you want to get in on architecture? If I were you I would go with my gut and not do second year building surveying its clear it would be a big mistake if you do. Possibly you might be able to to get into second year of an architecture related course, construction etc or whatever you want to do. Since first year is just a foundation and you passed it it may be possible in some but not all uni courses. Other than that take on more debt and do first year again in you're chosen subject.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending