michaelistudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are the pro's and con's of Government and Politics?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there,

It's a lot of remembering and regurgitating in essay form throughout the year including exams. That's why I didn't do so well in it, I'm not that kind of learner.

The benefit is that you have greater understanding of British history and also International politics.
Alphascout1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Benefits are a better understanding of UK politics and how the government functions and if you continue for A2, you will learn about the US political system. furthermore, you will learn more about social issues in politics such as human rights, racial and ethnic representation and pressure groups. I would advise that you read a short introduction to politics to see if it is really what you want to study. One huge benefit is that government and Politics is a dynamic subject as politics is always changing, for example, the rise of ISIS a year ago. This means it is an ever-changing topic.

Cons could be that you have to write a lot of essays as Gov and Pol requires a lot of theory understanding. This also means a lot of reading too. Therefore you have to be interested in the subject if you want to do well studying it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.09%
Disagree (6)
4.96%
Neither agree or disagree (41)
33.88%
Agree (46)
38.02%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.05%

Watched Threads