The Student Room Group

KCL Vs UCL Physics masters degree

Hi everyone, just a quick post regarding the above. I have been accepted by both onto a part time (two year) masters degree. I got the KCL offer first and accepted but paid a £500 deposit that I will not get back if I switch. Even though I can't afford it I will switch if I decide UCL is a better degree for me.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any post/undergrad experience with these two departments. I graduated from the University of Bristol in 2013 in physics and mathematics and had a few issues with the degree. I found the way modules were taught within the physics department were quite poor, in comparison to the math. Just poor teaching, notes (mostly boring slideshows), organisation, and some errors in the exam papers on the big day. The lab work was much better, even though I ran into some huge issues in my final year project.

If anyone has any experience such as this within the physics departments of KCL and UCL please let me know. I found this lack of professionalism a great disappointment, and hope this does not continue into my masters.

Thanks for reading,

Seamus
You should not have this problem with either KCL or UCL. I know people studying physics at both universities but as far as I am aware, UCL has a better reputation for Physics and in general. Good luck.
Reply 2
Hey what do your friends think of the departments? Ive been checking their research and publications etc, and both look great. So just wondering if you could offer any passed on opinions, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending