I feel so lonely and depressed tonight

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I haven't felt this sad in a long time, my AS exams are down the drain, I think I failed miserably, all my friends are on holiday doing their thing and here I am just sitting in my room feeling completely and utterly sad.

I am normally the tough daughter, tough sister and tough friend but right now I feel weak and depressed, all of life's problems feel like they are getting at me all at once, I feel completely hideous, I feel like an absolute failure and I feel extremely worthless and lonely. I have been feeling this way since yesterday, how will I cope with 6 lonely weeks until I get back to school
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't felt this sad in a long time, my AS exams are down the drain, I think I failed miserably, all my friends are on holiday doing their thing and here I am just sitting in my room feeling completely and utterly sad.

I am normally the tough daughter, tough sister and tough friend but right now I feel weak and depressed, all of life's problems feel like they are getting at me all at once, I feel completely hideous, I feel like an absolute failure and I feel extremely worthless and lonely. I have been feeling this way since yesterday, how will I cope with 6 lonely weeks until I get back to school
:console:Its okay not to be the tough one all the time. You re not a failure, waiting for results isnt as easy time but i guess the best thing you can do is to find things to do you enjoy that are solo hobbies for the holidays. Is there something you ve always wanted to do for yourself that you might be able to do this summer?
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in a similar situation... Just remember you're not alone , do something to put your mind off things, read a book you like or go do some volunteering. Just do something to put your mind off things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I'm also in a similar situation, yesterday or the day before I was feeling really ****ty and emotional but it's fine - that's how life is

No one is immune from feeling a tad more emotions than usual and it's not a surprise that it's more prevalent at night time! You'll be fine, I promise, you definitely aren't alone

If you wanna talk it out or anything my PM's are completely open
Anonymous #1
(Original post by claireestelle)
:console:Its okay not to be the tough one all the time. You re not a failure, waiting for results isnt as easy time but i guess the best thing you can do is to find things to do you enjoy that are solo hobbies for the holidays. Is there something you ve always wanted to do for yourself that you might be able to do this summer?
Yes I agree, Solo hobbies are the way to go! I think I found myself in a bit of a rut, I should really find things to do for myself. I am feeling better today, last night I felt ridiculously sad.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Valyrian)
I'm also in a similar situation, yesterday or the day before I was feeling really ****ty and emotional but it's fine - that's how life is

No one is immune from feeling a tad more emotions than usual and it's not a surprise that it's more prevalent at night time! You'll be fine, I promise, you definitely aren't alone

If you wanna talk it out or anything my PM's are completely open
I think it was the night, as the day grew nearer to the end I found myself felling more and more sad.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by grassntai)
I'm in a similar situation... Just remember you're not alone , do something to put your mind off things, read a book you like or go do some volunteering. Just do something to put your mind off things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I will do just that, thank you. I'm feeling better today.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I agree, Solo hobbies are the way to go! I think I found myself in a bit of a rut, I should really find things to do for myself. I am feeling better today, last night I felt ridiculously sad.
Good to hear that you feel a bit better. There's lots of solo hobbies to me had , just keep looking for something you lol enjoy
IAMMILLS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't be so harsh on yourself. No wonder you're feeling sad. Fact is, if you constantly belittle yourself and keep saying you're worthless and lonely and that you've most likely failed exams, then surely you wouldn't feel great after saying all that toddle to yourself? Imagine walking up to someone random and saying those exact same words to them, how would they feel? Upset and sad I can bet! You've got 2 choices. 1. Stay miserable for the rest of the 6 weeks. 2. Get up off your ass and do stuff. Keep your mind busy! Help out your parents, go for a walk, read, draw! Something to prevent your from talking trash to yourself Life is short, don't go wasting it feeling sorry for yourself.

Have an awesome 6 weeks off! You can do it !!
travis010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In a similar situation myself and feel a bit alone and depressed; resisting seeing the GP for any clinical diagnosis as I don't think it will fix the problem and won't make me feel any better to know that it is "official".

17 year old male here - please inbox me as I think it will be beneficial for both of us to talk.
n_ghafoor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel the same as you, and have so much respect towards you for always being 'strong' as this is something I am not. Chin up, direct message me if you want x

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (165)
14.58%
I'm not sure (52)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.59%
I have already dropped out (34)
3%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise