LEuphoria
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in Year 9, and so will be part of the first year being subject to the new GCSE grading system. What I wondering was, if we are implementing the use of numbers instead of letters, why not make it linear with the current KS3 levels, and just extend beyond the current levels, to make it up to the levels at which you would have before been awarded an A*? Surely this would make predicting levels slightly more easy, and the transition from KS3 to KS4( in the way of work) would be more simple, as the levels achieved would be comparable to what students have already worked with prior to this? Just my thoughts, feel free to tell me why this wouldn't work - I'm sure there are many reasons, haha.
Frodokins
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The thing with KS3 levels is that they are very subjective.They are entirely based on what the teacher thinks and vary from school to school e.g. a 7c may be a 6b in another school. GCSE grades on the other hand are standardised and consistent for every school e.g. an A* or "9" will be a universal A* or "9" whatever the school. It would be difficult to get that consistency from yr 7 because there is no formal way of giving out levels therefore its not really comparable because its a whole different ball game.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (47)
40.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
17.95%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.13%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
8.55%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (10)
8.55%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (10)
8.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
11.11%

Watched Threads