The Student Room Group

Should we extend smoking ban to the beach?

Could be happening in Brighton... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11752483/Brighton-could-be-the-first-UK-city-to-ban-smoking-on-the-beach.html

Seems like a stupid idea to me. Who would enforce this? What's the point?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TomatoLounge
Could be happening in Brighton... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11752483/Brighton-could-be-the-first-UK-city-to-ban-smoking-on-the-beach.html

Seems like a stupid idea to me. Who would enforce this? What's the point?

Maybe stopping the sale of tobacco products would be a better idea.
Who will enforce it is the fairest point? What are they going to do? Have police patrolling the beach in the numbers needed to actually make sure no one is having a crafty fag
Original post by Ollie714
Maybe stopping the sale of tobacco products would be a better idea.

Not this again. That will not happen. the government makes an absolute fortune of taxing tobacco (and booze)
Original post by silverbolt
Who will enforce it is the fairest point? What are they going to do? Have police patrolling the beach in the numbers needed to actually make sure no one is having a crafty fag

Would be an intense waste of money IMO.
It's when they say "this also includes the use of electronic cigarettes" and your like cmonnn
Come on, a beach is basically a giant sized ash tray anyway.
nope, I don't think we should even have a smoking ban
This is such a stupid idea imo. What next? Banning smoking in national parks? In the country side? :facepalm:

It does annoy me though when people just drop fag ends on the floor :mad:. You can smoke but take your damn rubbish home. I don;t leave my **** all over the floor.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Come on, a beach is basically a giant sized ash tray anyway.

Why don;t you just suck off a car exhaust pipe and be done with it.
Smokers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This is such a stupid idea imo. What next? Banning smoking in national parks? In the country side? :facepalm:

It does annoy me though when people just drop fag ends on the floor :mad:. You can smoke but take your damn rubbish home. I don;t leave my **** all over the floor.

Why don;t you just suck off a car exhaust pipe and be done with it.
Smokers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Reported for suicide encouraging.
Reply 10

You're joking right.
****in greens

Original post by Burford99
You're joking right.

No, why would I joke about that?
Reply 14
No, why would I joke about that?

You reported him for making a joke. Oh deary me, freedom of speech out the window.
You reported him for making a joke. Oh deary me, freedom of speech out the window.

......mate
Original post by zippity.doodah
nope, I don't think we should even have a smoking ban
I think the smoking ban is one of the best things to have happened to this country if I'm honest

There is no freedom of speech when it comes to condoning self harm, buddy.

Original post by KingStannis
......mate

IKR??
There is no freedom of speech when it comes to condoning self harm, buddy.

Reads words. Person encourages smoking.

Original post by goldenshades
I think the smoking ban is one of the best things to have happened to this country if I'm honest

I don't believe in using the government/coercion to stop simply inconveniences - I would only promote the government for things *I* would use coercion for, like stopping violent crimes, theft, etc

Quick Reply