atuw_uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I'm new in this forum, thought I can use this forum to conduct my study on Euthanasia.

Question:

What do you think on the practice of Euthanasia and do you think it can be justified based on Dignity?

Please i await your responses

Thank You.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that euthanasia should be allowed in cases of terminal illness where someone loses the capabilities to care for themselves and feels they have no quality of life any more.
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
I think that euthanasia should be allowed in cases of terminal illness where someone loses the capabilities to care for themselves and feels they have no quality of life any more.
Wait, aren't you a nurse, Claire?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
Wait, aren't you a nurse, Claire?
Not quite yet (i m an sn from september), some healthcare professionals do agree with euthanasia (i m also very non-judgemental to things like abortion). In cases of stage 3 dementia i would agree with euthanasia or stage 4 cancers (had a relative with a stage 4 cancer and i would have rather they died on their terms than the cancers).
atuw_uk
Rep:
?
Hmmm.. i think so too but some argue that there are people who can care for them and make the quality of life even more better.. but then again it is one's mind that actually matter... by the way claire may i ask your location? UK or USA or another country?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by atuw_uk)
Hmmm.. i think so too but some argue that there are people who can care for them and make the quality of life even more better.. but then again it is one's mind that actually matter... by the way claire may i ask your location? UK or USA or another country?
england. Quality of life is a personal concept so everyone would feel differently towards it. I pretty much agree with the netherlands ideas towards euthanasia.
atuw_uk
Rep:
?
england. Quality of life is a personal concept so everyone would feel differently towards it. I pretty much agree with the netherlands ideas towards euthanasia.
in other words you agree with euthanasia being justified based on dignity.. and that a person dignity should note be questioned regardless and they should be left to do as they choose?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by atuw_uk)
in other words you agree with euthanasia being justified based on dignity.. and that a person dignity should note be questioned regardless and they should be left to do as they choose?
If they have the mental capacity to make that decision and have made an informed choice with the help of many medical professions and can be certain theres no chance of recovery at all then yes i d base it on dignity.
atuw_uk
Rep:
?
If they have the mental capacity to make that decision and have made an informed choice with the help of many medical professions and can be certain theres no chance of recovery at all then yes i d base it on dignity.
Thank you Claire Very Much Appreciated!
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that euthanasia should be legal as many people are suffering unnecessarly. We live in a society with a strong fear of death, I think it would be much healthier for it to be in our control.
Obviously there should be a lot of rules and protection surrounding it should as:
The person must request it without influence
They must be careful to differentiate between mental illness and wishes
It must be done in a professional manor

There would be many more rules but that's the basics
username613045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that you can't be certain that there won't be cure for the terminal disease within the patient's lifetime. You could also be pressured into it, if you think that you're a burden on the NHS, family etc. If euthanasia were to be made legal, there would have to be very strict guidelines surrounding the issue. The problem is that you can't prove the patient wasn't forced into being euthanised as they're dead, which could be a problem
willock91
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I believe that if a person is either terminally ill or physically incapable of ending their life by themselves it should be allowed following a number of checks such as if others are pressuring them in to it or not. People should be able to die how they choose as it is their life after all. Keeping say a person who is paralyzed from the neck down alive against their will is Imo the worst kind of torture imaginable. If I were that person I would sure as hell want that choice and would be glad of the fact I have been given that control back.
Nortus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It should be allowed. What's the point in me suiciding and then some poor bugger on minimum wage clearing it up? Or wasting money on a police/coastguard mission?

Free of charge euthanasia to anyone who is mentally capable of making their own decisions with a 6 month waiting period including counselling. More than enough.
atuw_uk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hevachan)
I think that euthanasia should be legal as many people are suffering unnecessarly. We live in a society with a strong fear of death, I think it would be much healthier for it to be in our control.
Obviously there should be a lot of rules and protection surrounding it should as:
The person must request it without influence
They must be careful to differentiate between mental illness and wishes
It must be done in a professional manor

There would be many more rules but that's the basics
Thankss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (9)
14.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.03%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
45.9%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (10)
16.39%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads