CalT8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is probably a stupid question, but what sort of stationery do people advise for Law? Is there anything outside of the obvious that's helpful? I thought i'd the little coloured page markers, guessing that they would be useful for going through case notes and the sort?
DAtgirlxox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ring binders
Folders
2-3 notebooks to write in
The necessary textbooks
Pens
Pencils

Revision tools
Index cards, highlighters, plastic wallets and sharpies for labelling stuff.
Sarurrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a stationery fiend so I buy everything in excess!

Any notebooks you would like to use (I prefered WHS narrow ruled A4 pads), nice pens that suited my handwriting, highlighters in pretty colours, page markers, post-it notes. Page markers and post-it notes were also useful if you used any books for class, coursework or just reading up on a subject. That way if you are looking for something in particular later, it will be marked and easier to find. I kept all my notes in a plastic poly-pocket/wallet for each different class and placed this in a lever-arch file per year. I wrote out my notes as soon as I could after the class had finished just so I had a physical copy neatly laid out and my copy that I'd typed in class.

I realised a little too late that if you have a laptop, this was by far the most useful thing I could used during class as it meant I could write (or type!) more as the lecture went on. This was good for looking back at when it came to write out my notes in as much detail as possible. I tend to write out my notes a good 3/4 times condensing it all each time so that I have the notes simplified but also mostly memorised.

The best thing to use if you do take your laptop is something that suits you. Most people used Word, some people downloaded the slides and wrote the notes on the slides underneath but I preferred to use One Note. You can dock it at the side of the screen if you're doing research on the web which is great for prepared for class, dissertation, coursework etc. It also had features that I liked more than in Word. Try it out - I wish I had used it when I was in my first year of uni!
CalT8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise