First Ever Interview Watch

coboyle098
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey
I just received word that I have an interview for a part time job in Skechers this week, but it's my first ever interview!
On the phone, they said to wear what I would wear if I worked there to show my personality but obviously not to go over the top. I was just wondering, what clothing would be appropriate for this?
I was originally thinking a pair of pumps, black skinny jeans and a white blouse. I'm only 17, and so I don't want to go extremely professional, especially since they said dress to show your personality and what you would wear on the job.

Thanks for any replies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Based on what you've said, I'd guess that would be fine (I would possibly be inclined to wear a dress or skirt with tights so as to avoid the issue of not knowing whether jeans are appropriate or are 'too casual', but that is just my preference, and from what you've said I'd imagine your outfit is fine ).

Depending on when your interview is, do you have time to go into Skechers beforehand just to 'browse', to see what the staff members there are generally wearing and what the general dress code seems to be?
coboyle098
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Liv1204)
Based on what you've said, I'd guess that would be fine (I would possibly be inclined to wear a dress or skirt with tights so as to avoid the issue of not knowing whether jeans are appropriate or are 'too casual', but that is just my preference, and from what you've said I'd imagine your outfit is fine ).

Depending on when your interview is, do you have time to go into Skechers beforehand just to 'browse', to see what the staff members there are generally wearing and what the general dress code seems to be?
Thank you for replying!
They emailed this morning to say that the dress code is "smart casual", and this is actually the first store they'll have here, but I visited other shoe shops such as Office and they were in jeans and a casual top so I hope my outfit is okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed