Lips issue - help Watch

djkilol
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, bad lips issue!

I have been on several medications for the past few months and believe this is the reasons. I have tried several lip balms and I am currently using Carmex alongside Cymex (pharmacist recommendations). I have used Vaseline, Burts bees, Blistex Medplus, and Blistex relief cream. All so far have not worked.

In the morning I brush my lips and wipe the dead skin, throughout the day, my lips feel dry and white stuff (dead skin I suppose) form on my lips and when I apply lip balm, I feel it just gets worse, in the evening before I go bed my lips look perfect. I keep perfectly dehydrated and I am always drinking water.

Any idea what it could be or how I can get my lips back to normal?

Thank
dp1828
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I have a similar problem. The only thing I can think of is just applying lip balm frequently. There isn't much that you can really do to get rid of well dry lips, well nothing I know of. I don't think you should exfoliate them too much as that can take away the moisture on your lips. Hope that helped
eshdentist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Buy some moisturiser with high amounts of urea in it. Some foot creams have it in. Or you can get it on amazon.
Zozoeeee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Make sure you use a lip balm with beeswax AND SPF in it, dont pick the skin off your lips and brushing them every morning really is a bad idea as it irritates them and this is why they are dry like that. Also try breathing through your nose and leaving them alone for awhile and they should improve on their own (apart from applying balm that is). STOP EXFOLIATING THEM EVERYDAY your only meant to do this once a week max. really
edit: but if you are going to do it everyday make sure you put Vaseline on your lips and the brush before you do
djkilol
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi guys sorry! I just left thing and they are actually improving!
Nang Gang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I have the exact same problem and have no idea what to do. I’ve had it for over 3 years now. Every half hour or so I have to top it up, I use Vaseline (I’ve never tried anything else) but find that in half an hour they feel sticky, then soon dry and then painful. I have no clue what to do, Vaseline is only a temporary fix. And is it true that Vaseline is bad for your lips and can make your skin darker? Or is that all just a myth? I would really appreciate some advice because I hate having to carry around Vaseline with me wherever I go, being in discomfort if I forget it, and my lips having constant ‘shiny’ quality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (29)
65.91%
No (15)
34.09%

Watched Threads