The Student Room Group

Putting bad grades onto a UCAS application.

Hi, I am aware that when I fill out my UCAS application in a few months time, I will have to declare all of my grades. However, I am concerned that a few poor grades achieved in the past will tarnish my application.

I am currently doing A Levels for the second time, I did A2 last year but achieved pretty poor grades due to putting in very little effort. However I am now predicted to achieve much better grades; hopefully AAB (A in chemistry, B in Biology).

Last year I achieved ADE at A2, (E in psychology, D in IT) and an E in my AS subject.
I'm hoping to apply to the University of Nottingham to study Chemistry. Will the fact that I have EED grades on my application (despite having much better grades in my current subjects) harm my application? Thanks.
As long as you get the good grades in the end, that is all that matters. Good luck!
You need to be honest anyway. Lying in the short term could result in long term pain. Heck, there is a flip side that re-takes do show that the student realized they didn't do as well as expected and wants to improve their grades. As long as you are honest, you'll be fine.

If you don't get into Nottingham, the sky won't fall. Just be sure to give due diligence to your other choices, and get a good insurance choice in, just in case. :smile:

Quick Reply