The Student Room Group

Finding a girl as an asian?

My friendship groups have always been all white. But rn in life I have no friends to build a network with.

As an asian, I worry I won't find a girl (preferably asian too) as I have no friendship group and no experience with an asian friendship group. I really don't want an arranged marriage either.

How do I approach Asian girls without coming across as unislamic or desperate. I just need to start talking to more Asian girls (real life, online doesn't count imo). But how? Like I'm too scared they may be super religious and reject my advances and whatnot.

Asian girls, how would you prefer a guy approach you and show interest? I feel the only way is to have a mutual friends, being a complete random wouldn't work. (Especially if you below average or average at best like me).

Bear in mind I'm not a full on coconut, I speak our language perfectly and know our culture very well. I'm just not experienced with the social life within the British Asian lot. :/
Reply 1
Mujhe please help karo :sad:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Mujhe please help karo :sad:

Hey. Im British Asian so maybe I can help :smile:.

There's really no way to know if a girl's super religious unless you talk to her. The best way to find out if you like the girl is by talking to her without flirting straight away. They'll only ever reject you right away if you start flirting with them right away, especially if they're religious.

Talking about general stuff at first seems like a good idea. Get to know them, ask where they're from, what they study...any normal stuff you can think of that'll keep the conversation going. If you act normal then they'll want to get to know you. Be confident but not too confident, over-confidence can come off as intimidating to some. A sense of humour always comes in handy but like anything don't overdo it. Start the conversation normally, like you do in any everyday conversation.

After that you can decide if you like the girl. If you do, befriend them and drop the occassional flirt here and there for a while. If they react positively, ask them out somewhere. If they don't react positively to the flirts, move on. Don't rush things either.

I personally prefer for the guy to approach me and start up a decent conversation - it would lead me to asking them questions about themselves and vice-versa. One thing always leads to another haha. But obviously not every Asian girl's going to react the same way so it's best to keep on trying your luck.

Most of all you should work on your self-confidence, you're not "below average".

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending