Elisha Rebekah
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, so in the lead up to Results Day I have been (stupidly) totting up the UMS I need in order to get an A in AQA Religious Studies (Philosophy of Religion), based on what I got last year.

We did the Unit 3B and Unit 4A exams. I don't want to study RS at university, but need AAA at A level in order to study an alternative course at my firm choice university.

It turns out that, due to my getting 147 ums last year, I need 173/200 ums this year in order to secure an A. I have worked a lot harder than last year, and was frequently receiving Level 6s in my classwork, unlike last year. I feel like my exams went okay, but now I have realised that UMS is not in my favour I am starting to worry.

Do you feel this is possible? Or should I just resign myself to a big fat B on my results slip?

Any (nice ) replies are greatly appreciated.
usycool1
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elisha Rebekah)
Okay, so in the lead up to Results Day I have been (stupidly) totting up the UMS I need in order to get an A in AQA Religious Studies (Philosophy of Religion), based on what I got last year.

We did the Unit 3B and Unit 4A exams. I don't want to study RS at university, but need AAA at A level in order to study an alternative course at my firm choice university.

It turns out that, due to my getting 147 ums last year, I need 173/200 ums this year in order to secure an A. I have worked a lot harder than last year, and was frequently receiving Level 6s in my classwork, unlike last year. I feel like my exams went okay, but now I have realised that UMS is not in my favour I am starting to worry.

Do you feel this is possible? Or should I just resign myself to a big fat B on my results slip?

Any (nice ) replies are greatly appreciated.
It is possible and what you've said suggests that you've made good improvements but none of us can say for certain as we've not seen you exam papers. I know that it's easy for me to say, but just try to relax and enjoy your summer - you won't know how you've done until results day.
Elisha Rebekah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
It is possible and what you've said suggests that you've made good improvements but none of us can say for certain as we've not seen you exam papers. I know that it's easy for me to say, but just try to relax and enjoy your summer - you won't know how you've done until results day.
Thank you for your kind reply and reassurance - I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads