Do uni's know your insurance? Watch

This discussion is closed.
johncleaner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Do the universities you have a place at know what you hold as your insurance?

I've got an offer (which I've accepted) for York this year. Does york know that I don't have an insurance?
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by johncleaner)
Do the universities you have a place at know what you hold as your insurance?

I've got an offer (which I've accepted) for York this year. Does york know that I don't have an insurance?
They shouldn't do, as everything goes through UCAS (ie UCAS tells each uni you've asked for a place, each uni tells UCAS whether they've accepted you or not and then UCAS tells you what each uni has decided). You might want to ask PencilQueen though, I'm sure she'll know
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Yes they will - once you make a decision (ie pick your firm and insurance (or not)) all of the information that is withheld from uni's (where you've applied, which courses and what your offers were) is made available to all of the uni's you've applied to.

Whether they'll actually look at or be interested in this information is another matter...
That's right.

I think this information is valuable to universities as they gain more information about trends in applicants' choices and what the direct competition is. The more statistics that a university has, the better the decisaions it can make.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Whether they'll actually look at or be interested in this information is another matter...
if i were an AT i damn well would! or perhaps i'm just nosy..

but surely it would be interesting if you were, say, a medical admissions tutor at southampton, who rejected someone without interview to see whether the other 3 unis who did all call person X for interview had the same opinions as you on the candidate..
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm.. so is there a chance that an admissions tutor will feel for you on results day if you didn't get the grades and you didn't have an insurance, and be a teeny bit more lenient?
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well i'm hoping they'll be a bit more forgiving with me because my firm and insurance are the same unversity!

i hope they will remember this, and that i've ordered the prospectuses and other leaflets from them, and been to every open day that i can. and that i've returned any forms to them as soon as i possibly can (i.e next day)! they better bloody had remember, anyway!

me? desperate?

YES!
johncleaner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
hmm.. so is there a chance that an admissions tutor will feel for you on results day if you didn't get the grades and you didn't have an insurance, and be a teeny bit more lenient?
that's exactly what I was hoping anyway!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (753)
80.36%
Leave (184)
19.64%

Watched Threads