The Student Room Group

Opinion on single sex universities

As above^
Discuss

Scroll to see replies

naaa, going off these forums at least 40% of people going to uni go there to lose their virginity.

Sex. Keeping the nation well qualified!
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
naaa, going off these forums at least 40% of people going to uni go there to lose their virginity.

Sex. Keeping the nation well qualified!

Fair point

So if all universities decide to become single sex universities (hopefully not and surely they won't) do you think this would stop people from going to university at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
stupid idea
Reply 4
Outdated is an understatement...
Hell
Original post by SiminaM
Outdated is an understatement...

Do you think single sex schools/sixth forms should also be abolished?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be spiritless.
Original post by spiritless98
Fair point

So if all universities decide to become single sex universities (hopefully not and surely they won't) do you think this would stop people from going to university at all

I would predict less people going to uni, but the one who do go will become super educated as they have no opposite sex to distract them. The rich - poor gap will rise (due to the super educated vs the uneducated)
I have to say, its not looking good long term
It is sad enough as it is that we're allowing single-sex colleges to cultivate sexually-frustrated, awkward young-adults.

The last thing that we need to do is put them on the road to being 30 year-old virgins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but I don't know much about uk schools either so it's just an opinion.
I would predict less people going to uni, but the one who do go will become super educated as they have no opposite sex to distract them. The rich - poor gap will rise (due to the super educated vs the uneducated)
I have to say, its not looking good long term

I agree with you,
I expected most people to have this view
I'm still waiting for someone to be in total agreement of this and the reason why

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think there is a distraction aspect when it comes to co-educational institutions. Firstly, always being concerned with what a prospective sexual partner might think you every time you ever do anything. And secondly I find it impossible to sit with or around female students (in a seminar for example) without thinking "is she on her period? Is she bleeding now?". It leaves me feeling sick and I can't focus on the discussion we're having in the seminar.
Original post by Chris Scamander
And secondly I find it impossible to sit with or around female students (in a seminar for example) without thinking "is she on her period? Is she bleeding now?". It leaves me feeling sick and I can't focus on the discussion we're having in the seminar.

might be an idea to see someone about those thoughts, as far as im aware thats not something most people think...
Lol, is there such thing? if so, i was not aware and they must be good because of no distractions.
Original post by Chris Scamander
I think there is a distraction aspect when it comes to co-educational institutions. Firstly, always being concerned with what a prospective sexual partner might think you every time you ever do anything. And secondly I find it impossible to sit with or around female students (in a seminar for example) without thinking "is she on her period? Is she bleeding now?". It leaves me feeling sick and I can't focus on the discussion we're having in the seminar.

Wow, that's extremely weird
Especially the period bit 😩
Do you actually think that

Posted from TSR Mobile
might be an idea to see someone about those thoughts, as far as im aware thats not something most people think...

I have always had a vivid imagination. And it's not like it's 1/100 chance that a woman is bleeding. It's very likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, same sex schools do better than co-educational ones.
Wow, that's extremely weird
Especially the period bit 😩
Do you actually think that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I know others who have said the same thing. It's a thought they commonly have when in the company of women.
Reply 19
Original post by German123
Lol, is there such thing? if so, i was not aware and they must be good because of no distractions.

I was thinking that too but then again you have homosexual people.

Quick Reply

Latest