The Student Room Group

A levels converting into UCAS points!

Hi, so when my Sixth form was concentrating on UCAS and Universities last year, i wasn't that interested in going (i was going for an apprenticeship) but after not deciding on apprenticeship, i've finally decided on going to University.

If i knew i was wanting to go to University in the first place, i wouldn't of took these subjects;
Btec Business
Btec Media
English Language.

So i was wondering, with the grades i get. How many UCAS points would i receive as i keep getting mix results when doing it myself.

This is in A-Level. (Year 13)

Btec Business; Distinction star (D*) OVERALL
Btec Media; Distinction star (D*) OVERALL
English Language; (im going to say C because i already achieved a C with coursework and no exam and not yet got my results)

Thankyou!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Annainmyhead
Hi, so when my Sixth form was concentrating on UCAS and Universities last year, i wasn't that interested in going (i was going for an apprenticeship) but after not deciding on apprenticeship, i've finally decided on going to University.

If i knew i was wanting to go to University in the first place, i wouldn't of took these subjects;
Btec Business
Btec Media
English Language.

So i was wondering, with the grades i get. How many UCAS points would i receive as i keep getting mix results when doing it myself.

This is in A-Level. (Year 13)

Btec Business; Distinction star (D*) OVERALL
Btec Media; Distinction star (D*) OVERALL
English Language; (im going to say C because i already achieved a C with coursework and no exam and not yet got my results)

Thankyou!!!

I guess you are doing BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas which are 6 units and equivalent to A-levels?

If so:
D* = 160
D* = 160
C - 80

Hope this helps.
Original post by KH94
I guess you are doing BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas which are 6 units and equivalent to A-levels?

If so:
D* = 160
D* = 160
C - 80

Hope this helps.

Yes, Thankyou SOOOO much!! :smile:
I believe D* =120 and your c is an 80 so 320 points I recon
Original post by KH94

If so:
D* = 160
D* = 160
C - 80

Hope this helps.

I thought D* is 140
Reply 5
Original post by Annainmyhead
Yes, Thankyou SOOOO much!! :smile:

No problem.

A* = 160
A = 120
B = 100
C = 80
D = 60
E = 40

BTEC is 160, 120, 80 and 40 for 6-unit/60 credit Subsidiary Diplomas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending