The Student Room Group

Is it good to see your course in clearing

the clearing list has already been started on the telegraph site and Ive spotted my course on there. Is it good or bad to see this? Like does it mean there's a good chance I could get it or that lots have missed the grades to get on it? I dont know what to think :s-smilie:
Depends how confident you are in your grades, in all honesty, don't pay much attention to it, it may just be that the course isn't that competitive, and they have leftover places, i.e. many off the offers they originally sent out got rejected. It doesn't necessarily mean that many people have missed their grades
Original post by love_lingo
the clearing list has already been started on the telegraph site and Ive spotted my course on there. Is it good or bad to see this? Like does it mean there's a good chance I could get it or that lots have missed the grades to get on it? I dont know what to think :s-smilie:
Heya,

If the course is in clearing it means that there is still space available on that course.

This doesn't affect your application, so if you think you've not made your grades I'd still start preparing for results day so you're ready for whatever happens. :smile: But otherwise, you don't need to worry about it :h:

Katie :h:
Original post by love_lingo

It's neither good or bad, it's just a thing.

It might mean the course is under subscribed, and you could get a place even if you missed your grades.

Or it might mean lots of people have missed their grades and the uni thinks they can pick up better students in clearing.

Assuming you get your offer, you've got a place. If you miss your offer, then it's still just a thing, and probably not worth stressing about too much at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending