The Student Room Group

Early Clearing/Adjustment Vacancy Lists 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
If they were going to drop them in clearing to a grade you could met then they would have already accepted you or asked you to wait until results day to see how you compare to the other applicants.
Its up to each uni what entry requirements they want to accept so theres no appeals system or anything that i know of, i m really sorry.

That is crushing, I won't give up just yet so I'll see if they change after the a-level students get their grades next week. However for those looking at Nottingham I've just been confirmed a clearing place for International Relations.
Reply 41
Not sure if anyone can help but why are there different courses available on clearing for Bristol depending on if one is a UK/EU student or an international student? Thanks 😃
Reply 42
Original post by Tash28
Not sure if anyone can help but why are there different courses available on clearing for Bristol depending on if one is a UK/EU student or an international student? Thanks 😃

Due to fee differences, universities allocate specific places to home and international students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would I prepare for Adjustment?
I know I'm gonna get grades much higher than my firm and I have decided I want to go to a different university.
Original post by iLastKinq
How would I prepare for Adjustment?
I know I'm gonna get grades much higher than my firm and I have decided I want to go to a different university.

Have a look at different unis which may have places available for your course. Look at things like what modules are available (do you like them?), if you'd get a place in halls, and whether you think you'd like the town.

Then, make a list of suitable courses and unis, and compare that list to what's available on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if there are any places for BA Hons Graphic Design at Nottingham Trent???
Original post by JBF79
I've just been looking at the Portsmouth website and looks like pretty much everything is still in Clearing:

http://www.port.ac.uk/clearing/

Original post by SAE Institute
SAE Institute (we have 4 campuses in the UK - Oxford, London, Glasgow & Liverpool) are accepting clearing applicants! Can we be added to the list?

www.sae.edu/gbr/

Thanks!

I'll be adding these tonight plus any others that come through today

SAE I will be highlighting the £1-3k difference between the tuition fees and the loan available to pay them (similar to Richmond). I'm sure you want applicants who are going in with their eyes open about the costs given the Competition and Marketing Authority guidance in April
Reply 47
Can someone please explain how universities can already declare theyre in clearing? Does that mean everyone who has applied to the course will receive offers and theyll still be places?

Also, what happens if you get rejected from your first choice but that course and uni is in clearing?! Thankyou
Original post by Smit227
Can someone please explain how universities can already declare theyre in clearing? Does that mean everyone who has applied to the course will receive offers and theyll still be places?

Also, what happens if you get rejected from your first choice but that course and uni is in clearing?! Thankyou

Heya,

It means that the university thinks that there will be spaces available on the course. It doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will receive offers if they haven't made their grades. Clearing doesn't really affect your offer - if you've been rejected from that course due to not making your grades, unfortunately that means that you haven't got a place whether or not it's in clearing.

Do you think you might be in clearing? It's a good idea to start preparing and doing some research into courses so you're ready to ring up unis on results day :smile:
Updated the list :smile:
Leeds will publish its complete vacancies list tomorrow, if you're interested you may want to check that.
Reply 51
I've had a provisional from a uni but the add choice button is greyed out. How come?
Original post by PQ

You forgot to add Imperial to the list.
Original post by Raymat
You forgot to add Imperial to the list.

Link me to their clearing listings and I'll add them - I'm not searching manually myself for universities with vacancies - I'm reliant on people posting updates.
Reply 54
City University London http://www.city.ac.uk/clearing :smile:
Original post by PQ
Link me to their clearing listings and I'll add them - I'm not searching manually myself for universities with vacancies - I'm reliant on people posting updates.

They're not in Clearing or Adjustment this year;
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/after-you-apply/clearing/
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know if Queen Mary's was in adjustment or clearing last year for law?
Original post by Raymat
They're not in Clearing or Adjustment this year;
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/after-you-apply/clearing/

Added :smile:
Original post by Hope_at_last
Does anyone know if Queen Mary's was in adjustment or clearing last year for law?

Doesn't really matter - their vacancies for this year are linked in the OP and they aren't advertising for Law.
Original post by PQ
Doesn't really matter - their vacancies for this year are linked in the OP and they aren't advertising for Law.
would they update it tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending