Elissa_yasmin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can tell that i failed my maths gcse i think i got below a grade D. And im scared that it will affect me in the future. Im confident that i did well in my other subjects but i just struggle in maths. Im not going to be taking maths for a level the only subjects im taking are art, english and re. So if i go to university and study journalism will i not be able to get in eventhough im not going to be studying maths. Some people say that you wont be accepted if you dont have a grade c in maths
Demilb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elissa_yasmin)
I can tell that i failed my maths gcse i think i got below a grade D. And im scared that it will affect me in the future. Im confident that i did well in my other subjects but i just struggle in maths. Im not going to be taking maths for a level the only subjects im taking are art, english and re. So if i go to university and study journalism will i not be able to get in eventhough im not going to be studying maths. Some people say that you wont be accepted if you dont have a grade c in maths
I'm going to be straight with you and say keep retaking math until you get a c, because without it your options will be limited. Good luck though with these results you could be pleasantly surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Retaking the maths exam is pretty much the most applauded option, regardless of whether you were close or far from getting the C.

Whether your university will allow a 'failed' maths GCSE can vary; many like to have English and Maths GCSE at A-C as a standard.

However, there are other qualifications that can sometimes be taken to compensate for a low maths grade. An example of this is the Application of Number Key/Fundamental Skill.
Elissa_yasmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Demilb)
I'm going to be straight with you and say keep retaking math until you get a c, because without it your options will be limited. Good luck though with these results you could be pleasantly surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So will i still be able to retake maths in sixthform while im doing my a level courses which are art re and English??
Demilb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So will i still be able to retake maths in sixthform while im doing my a level courses which are art re and English??
Yes you should be although you may have to learn by yourself if your sixth form doesn't provide lessons 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elissa_yasmin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Demilb)
Yes you should be although you may have to learn by yourself if your sixth form doesn't provide lessons 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks
MagicMinx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most colleges will do free Maths GCSE classes which you can do in the evening if the daytime ones clash with existing classes. I would talk to your college tutor or head of sixth form about it and I'm sure they will be happy to make arrangements for you. Don't worry, it's not end of the world and you have plenty of time to have another go! Just jump straight back on it and don't give up!
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maccy D's

Seriously, revise from now then retake it in the november sessions if they still exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (131)
30.05%
No (305)
69.95%

Watched Threads