The Student Room Group

4 A-levels in one year?

I've re-sat my 12th year twice (for personal reasons I don't want to post online).

What's the possibility of doing them (maths, biology, chemistry and psychology) AS+A2 in one year- AND getting A*AA*A* respectively?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BewareTomato
I've re-sat my 12th year twice (for personal reasons I don't want to post online).

What's the possibility of doing them (maths, biology, chemistry and psychology) AS+A2 in one year- AND getting A*AA*A* respectively?

I would say that would be a very difficult task to undertake and that you should only take that option if you really have to.
Could you potentially do a foundation year for university as a back up?
Reply 2
Why not just do 3 if you're doing them in one year? 4 would be pointless in that situation.
Original post by claireestelle
I would say that would be a very difficult task to undertake and that you should only take that option if you really have to.

It's my only chance.

And no I can't as I'm taking science subjects.
Original post by Red Fox
Why not just do 3 if you're doing them in one year? 4 would be pointless in that situation.

I'm interested in all four subjects.
what do you want to do in uni
I think you can actually do it. And people just exaggerate, the work load is not too much. And AS exams and A2 exams are like a month or 3 weeks away from each other. You have to be dedicated, and you'll make it
Many people struggle to get those grades over two years.
Reply 7
If you start now.......
Original post by maggie43
what do you want to do in uni
I think you can actually do it. And people just exaggerate, the work load is not too much. And AS exams and A2 exams are like a month or 3 weeks away from each other. You have to be dedicated, and you'll make it

:'| I want to do pharmacy.

Did you resist in one year?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jooooshy
Many people struggle to get those grades over two years.

Yeh
Original post by N-R-G
If you start now.......

Sure.

I have done year 12 twice. And I'm just flicking though A2...
Reply 11
It's my only chance.

And no I can't as I'm taking science subjects.

:'| I want to do pharmacy.

sorry not Brit but what do u mean repeated tear 12 is that your A2,
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Sure.

I have done year 12 twice. And I'm just flicking though A2...

I think you can do it tbh.
Original post by Furios
sorry not Brit but what do u mean repeated tear 12

I've re-taken my 12 year of school, two times.

Absolutely crazy. Unless you're prodigious - and you would know if you are - then studying 4 full A Levels from scratch in one year is a terrible idea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by claireestelle

this is good advice but do.foundation years take students who I presume gave only completed as
Original post by Plagioclase
Absolutely crazy. Unless you're absolutely prodigious - and you would know if you are - then studying 4 full A Levels from scratch in one year is insane.

Yer
Original post by N-R-G
I think you can do it tbh.

:redface:
Depends how smart you are. I had to retake all my AS levels so did AS and A2 in the same year, so in total 6 exams (I did 3 subjects) and still got all my grades up to get me into the uni i wanted
Reply 19
UI you've repeated
I've re-taken my 12 year of school, two times.

youve repeated as two times?

Quick Reply

Latest