The Student Room Group

What are the best architecture unis / colleges in UK (especially in London)

I`m from Mongolia and I`m 17 years old. I`ll be graduating from highschool next year in 2016. I`m really interested in Architecture. I want study in a good uni/college and become a good architect. I`m planning to take IELTS in October and I'm preparing for it but I haven`t decided where to study. I have sent email to UCL Bartlett about what are the entry req for Mongolian students and they said I have to study 2years in Mongolian architecture university and will see my grades so that they can decide. Do you think if I study here for 2 years am I sort of losing my time? I just can`t decide but a little bit of information would really help me so PLEASE help me
Reply 1
It is really your decision to choose what exactly best suits you. The Bartlett is indeed the best architecture school in the UK for 2016. Architecture degree in the UK is three years. So even if you study two years back home, you're not guaranteed to get an offer from UCL so it very risky. However some top architecture schools in the UK offers foundation course for international students where you study one year of foundation at their university, if you get passing grade (varies by uni, it can be 50 or 60) then you will be processed to the first year. One of the unis I know of is Kent school of architecture (university of kent) as I currently study here. It is ranked 3rd for being the best architecture school for 2016 and they have foundation for architecture. So Foundation might be another option as well!! The wise move is to contact other unis as well to find out their requirements. Dont tie yourself with UCL alone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
...ah yes, the highly regarded Guardian league table
Original post by Anukacandy
I`m from Mongolia and I`m 17 years old. I`ll be graduating from highschool next year in 2016. I`m really interested in Architecture. I want study in a good uni/college and become a good architect. I`m planning to take IELTS in October and I'm preparing for it but I haven`t decided where to study. I have sent email to UCL Bartlett about what are the entry req for Mongolian students and they said I have to study 2years in Mongolian architecture university and will see my grades so that they can decide. Do you think if I study here for 2 years am I sort of losing my time? I just can`t decide but a little bit of information would really help me so PLEASE help me

Hi there, a helpful tip for any architecture students. Check out "100 Tips for Architecture Students'' available on Amazon..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending