This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
good luck with all the jobhunting!
my brother's just gone through a similar process and has ended working as a mushroom packer for tesco- he can't stand mushrooms.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The hardest thing is trying to not look depressed from having been turned down by other shops, as if you are depressed, and don't sell yourself fully, then they'll probably turn you down, so when you go in, you gotta act like you really want the job (which you seem to), and are really happy and confident you'll get it. I know this doen't help much, but I'm only trying to help. What age are you though, as this will effect which jobs you have a better chance at getting.

Good luck,
Phil
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you tried:
http://www.jobs1.co.uk/directory/rec..._seasonal.html
http://www.summerjobs.co.uk/
http://www.best-job-vacancies.co.uk/Part-Time-Jobs.html
http://www.lazystudent.co.uk/browse....hich=3&cat=265
http://www.letstemp.co.uk/jobs/student/

Hope this helps,
Good luck,

Phil
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i very much doubt you'll find a job on the internet, your best bet is to just go out and beg!!!

love Katy ***
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I still think that she should get creative and exploit something that she can do herself because that way she can maximise her wage. Fair enough most of the more "creative" jobs do kind of bend the law but still........
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, but where you live theres a market for it. here, theres nothing you can do that isnt already being done by someone else. everyone i know has a cd re-writer so why pay some1 else to copy cd's that u can yourself??

what else can be done to maximise wage???

love Katy ***
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wasn't denying it's best to actually go out and beg. As for maximising wages, once you find a job, you could either:

1) Sleep with your boss
2) Black mail the company
3) threaten to sue the company over some really obscure thing, etc.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I have a friend who is a licenced PC installation technitian (proper title). He basically went on a summer course everyday for a week and passed the examination the next week. He then applied to PC-Drive-In to work as a trainee tech for the summer and he is now on VERY good money.

I have other friends who participate in more "bending the law" jobs but I don't think they woul thank me for sharing online.

SUEING THE COMPANY = Genius
You could say that you have suffered trauma due to the lack of paperclips or something equally as pathetic. You would almost certainly win because our legal system is awful.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The only prolem is that it might not make you very popular within the company, and would probably decrease your chances of getting a bonus/promotion.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
When you think that they are dicriminating against you for sueing them, you can sue them again for unfair treatment. At this point though I would be looking around every corner just incase the manager wants you dead.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That could be a very good money making opportunity, and there's no reason why it should ever end. But yeah, probably a good idea to check the business hasn;t got links with the mob etc, as if not you might find yourself in a bad situation (major understatement)

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Bad Situation = CONCRETE BOOTS & DEEP LAKE
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or like the Godfather said bout Luca Brasi, 'Sleeping with the fishes'
God I love those films.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Scarface is still the daddy

They don't make em' like that anymore!!!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We should do a poll as to what's best, the Godfather, Scarface, or Goodfellas,I reckon that would be pretty tight. I agree with you though that Scarface was an immense film, and that they sure as hell don't make films that good anymore, even though they have bigger budgets.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Bigger Budgets almost always means terrible acting. THe only exception being "Heat" which was awesome.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How about the Matrix films, bug budgets, great film (exception that proves the rule???)

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
You thought that the Matrix was good??

I find that whole thing really hard to get into, I quite liked the first one because I thought it was novel and interesting but I found the second is a bit tedious (except the S-FX which were quality).
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I must admit the 1st had a better plot, and since it was a new concept was more interesting to watch, but the effects, and stunts in the 2nd one were immense.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thanks to all the replies!!

I didn't expect so many.

ickle_katy - I live in Pontypridd. I have tried Claire's but they are currently fully staff so I left my CV. Do you know if Ponty Park is looking for anyone? I am trained lifesaver, basic first aid but no good at face painting.

Leekey - the full name of the Showcase is Showcase Cinemas so I guess you can work out what it is from that.

Phil - Thanks for the extra sites - I'm looking now I may get luckly.

As for express my creative side, I did think about doing a bit of private piano teaching. Every summer, people learning through school have no teacher so I thought about doing some teaching. However, my mother said no!

I did the indoor and outer market today but there was nothing.

My mother doesn't want me working in Cardiff or anywhere too far out of town because it mean using my pay for train fare.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding the most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (37)
28.24%
No (94)
71.76%

Watched Threads