Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh and phil I'm 16, 1 month and 10 days old.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty accurate. The reason I asked, was that if you had of been 17+, and had a driving license, you could of e.g. delivered pizzas etc. Your mum sounds kinda strict.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    She is. But I guess its because I'm a only child so she worries more.

As for accurate, I am just bored! I sat from the time I got back from job hunting by the phone waiting for the postman or the phone to ring. oh and getting papercuts off a parcel the postman delieved.

I am not going to give up. Even if I have to work in Oxfam at least I'll having the experience which may count for something later on.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about the boredom thing, I just wish I was in England, and could go down to the pub with a couple of mates, rather than be stuck here, in the south of France. When I tell people I'm going to the South of France, they think it's well nice, the truth is the house I'm staying in is in the middle of nowhere, there's nobody I get on with here, and there's no way for me to get about, as I can't drive here.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Nightmare! I feel sorry for you.

When are you returning to the uk?

ReputationRep:
    Next thursday for like 4 days, before, wait for this, going on a crusie with my family for like 2/3 weeks, which will blatantly suck so much, and be full of really dull old people. Then after that, I get back the day before results day, and fly back out to france with my family again the evening of results day (therefore if I get good results can't go down the pub and celebrate with my mates), adn stay out here until a couple of days before term starts. I can't wait till uni when at least I should get some freedom!!!
    Phil

ReputationRep:
    I am going to stuck at home for uni so you should be luckly.

My results day is the 21st August. My main worry is English because I did the Foundation Paper which mean I either Pass with a C or fail with D E F or even U! I really need to pass.

ReputationRep:
    I hated english GCSE, especially english lit. The only good thing about GCSE, is that you do so many subjects that usually if you mess up 1 subject, it's not to important. Still, I'm sure you'll do well. How come you are staying at home for Uni?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to end up with a £15,000+ debt.

Although, I'm begin to think that a debt would be better than living at home.

That 1 GCSE is really important. I need it to be able to teach when I'm older or become an accountant. I wouldn't care so much if it was Geography or Science.

ReputationRep:
    The debt think does kinda suck, but there's no way on earth I could stand even thinking about living at home in my Uni years.
    What you gonna do for AS?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Music, Business, French.

If I get decent grades I may consider a fourth which would be either Media and Film Studies or Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done AS maths, French, Busines, Economics, and General studies. AS maths just to warn you is hard, and requires a lot of work, so I'd say you really have to like maths to be any good at it, and to put up with the year. French AS and GCSE despite what teachers tell you is more or less identical, with AS being only slightly more complicated. Business is an interesting subject, but you have to be able to apply your knowledge, and can't just 'regurgtate' knowledge.

What did you do for GCSE? How do you think you did?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the core subjects (Science is worth 2 GCSEs), I did Geography and French. I also did a GNVQ worth 2 GCSEs in Business.

How did I do?

English - paper 1 easy paper 2 ok think I got C just.
    English Lit - so so easy - C (max grade poss)
    Maths - okish depending on my final modular which was my final GCSE exam, I'm looking at A/B.
    Science - Biology and Chem was easy Physics nightmare -BB/CC
    Geography - so easy A*/A
    French - messed up the oral but had 100% for written coursework, the exam was ok A/B
    Business - as most of this is coursework and I did the exam in Jan and only resat for the sake of it, I know I have pass with BB.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find GCSE BUSINESS, as my school din't offer it at GCSE, only at AS +A2.
    Phil

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do GCSE so I wouldn't know. I did it as GNVQ.

It was very interesting experience for me.

6 lessons of week with 12 other people, which by the last month had been reduced to 5, who were doing the lowest tier and caused trouble, never turned up, fought (2 broken computers within 1 month!). I found it quite easy because I had a lot of teacher help, access to the internet and a wide range of books.

I would have like to have had someone else doing the same teir as me but I know 3 of the boys are going to my teir next year (difference being 12 lessons a week 4 GCSEs), then AS Business the following year.

I'm off for the night but I'll be back tomorrow after job hunting.

ReputationRep:
    dont think the parks looking for anyone- im working there 2morw! hope the rain stops!

cant really think of anywhere else. . .

good luck

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I hope so too.

Thanks for the help katy.

ReputationRep:
    just wondering about something a musical girl said earlier - you said u were staying at home 4 uni to avoid the student debt? all staying at home really means is your rents will have to folk out more coz u wont get as good a student loan??

love Katy ***

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.