The Student Room Group

Corbyn agrees to share platform with Holocaust denier

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by david9640
Therefore since Jeremy Corbyn has the support of some Jewish people, nothing he does can be considered anti-Semetic?

If you believe that you are stupid.

Because nothing insults all Jewish people?

Insulting all Jewish people (such as ascribing some sort of negative characteristic to Jewish people) would insult all Jewish people. Insulting someone who happens to be Jewish is not anti-semitic. It's pretty simple, no?

If Jeremy Corbyn has been anti-Semetic, then so have you.

How does that work? Try explaining it.

When you do, you'll read it back and think, "Wait, that doesn't work. I'm an idiot"
Reply 41
Original post by Bornblue

X

So opposing what the kapos did is bad?

No doubt in my mind now that you are a gentile, and huge anti-semite
Original post by ExcitedPup
You claim to have relatives who died in the Holocaust. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust. There is no sense in which you have an inherently greater link to that disaster, or right to claim some kind of offence.

Utter nonsense. You are the one who keeps saying "I'm Jewish therefore my opinion against Israel cannot be challenged".

I was criticising Jeremy Corbyn, you were the one who brought up your claimed Jewishness as if to say, "I'm Jewish and I like him therefore he axiomatically could not be a supporter of Holocaust deniers"

You're criticizing Corbyn by making and repeating false allegations which you know to be false.
Then I point that out and you accuse me of being the type of Jew who would push other Jews into the gas chambers and become a Kapo.

You're so quick to accuse anyone who so much as questions the Israeli government as anti-semitic yet you yourself are making ACTUAL anti-semitic taunts at me and you don't see the irony.

You seem determined to smear Corbyn for offences he has not committed. He has not accepted money from any terrorist group- that's an outright lie. He has not supported Hamas - that is an outright lie and he has not shared platforms with Holocuast deniers - that is also an outright lie.

I don't support Corbyn - I don't want him to be Labour leader but making up fallicous claims to mask your own anti-semitism as you're doing is disgraceful.
If you believe that you are stupid.

Insulting all Jewish people (such as ascribing some sort of negative characteristic to Jewish people) would insult all Jewish people. Insulting someone who happens to be Jewish is not anti-semitic. It's pretty simple, no?

How does that work? Try explaining it.

When you do, you'll read it back and think, "Wait, that doesn't work. I'm an idiot"

I don't believe that, I carried on your logic. You said that insulting Bornblue could not be anti-Semetic since
"Insulting a Jewish person =/= Insulting all Jewish people"
The logic being that it wasn't anti-Semetic since it didn't insult all Jewish people.

I pointed out that since your defence was that you didn't insult all Jews, then equally Corbyn could use that defence (if anyone is silly enough to claim he is anti-Semetic). Therefore if you're not anti-Semetic, Corbyn can't be.

Do keep up ExitedPup! You effectively called your own logic 'stupid', well done!
So opposing what the kapos did is bad?

No doubt in my mind now that you are a gentile, and huge anti-semite

Nop. But deflecting blame onto them away from the Nazis is bad.
Hmm.. you seem very keen to deflect blame away from the Nazis.
So you defend the Nazis and then call others anti-semitic?!

Oh this is too good!

You really are an anti-semite - just keep digging.
You claim to have relatives who died in the Holocaust. I have relatives who died in the Holocaust. There is no sense in which you have an inherently greater link to that disaster, or right to claim some kind of offence.

Utter nonsense. You are the one who keeps saying "I'm Jewish therefore my opinion against Israel cannot be challenged".

I was criticising Jeremy Corbyn, you were the one who brought up your claimed Jewishness as if to say, "I'm Jewish and I like him therefore he axiomatically could not be a supporter of Holocaust deniers"

You're talking to the same guy who claimed on here that he personally witnessed "Jewish only roads" when he went to Israel...........even though they don't exist.
Original post by KimKallstrom
You're talking to the same guy who claimed on here that he personally witnessed "Jewish only roads" when he went to Israel...........even though they don't exist.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4353235,00.html

And that's from Ynet- a Jewish, Israeli mainstream paper.
Nice try.
Reply 47
I don't believe that, I carried on your logic.

If you think that's logic, no wonder you're applying for a university ranked in the 170s. I'll try to simplify my response so it's at your level.

You said that insulting Bornblue could not be anti-Semetic since
"Insulting a Jewish person =/= Insulting all Jewish people"

No, I said it's not inherently anti-semitic. Do you understand the distinction between necessary and sufficient conditionality?

The logic being that it wasn't anti-Semetic since it didn't insult all Jewish people.

I pointed out that since your defence was that you didn't insult all Jews, then equally Corbyn could use that defence

But Corbyn does insult all Jews. Associating with Holocaust deniers is an insult to all Jews.

Do keep up ExitedPup! You effectively called your own logic 'stupid', well done!

Says the Aberdeen applicant :wink:
If you think that's logic, no wonder you're applying for a university ranked in the 170s. I'll try to simplify my response so it's at your level.

No, I said it's not inherently anti-semitic. Do you understand the distinction between necessary and sufficient conditionality?

But Corbyn does insult all Jews. Associating with Holocaust deniers is an insult to all Jews.

So now you're making ad homenium attacks on a person's university after having a go at me for it?!
Oh you're such a hypocrite and an anti-semitic hypocrite at that.
Reply 49
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4353235,00.html

And that's from Ynet- a Jewish, Israeli mainstream paper.
Nice try.

It's a nonsense article with information sourced from B'Tselem troublemakers.

There are roads on which only Israelis are allowed to travel and not Palestinians. There are no roads where only Jews are allowed to travel and Arab Israelis would be barred
Reply 50
So now you're making ad homenium attacks on a person's university after having a go at me for it

It's not an ad hominem attack, it's a factual observation that provides a good explanation for why his understanding of logic is so absurdly incoherent

Oh you're such a hypocrite and an anti-semitic hypocrite at that.

You're only making the accusation because you were found out for pretending to be Jewish when you're actually a left-wing gentile. Repeatedly making the accusation that I'm an anti-semite because I pointed out your support for people who associate with Holocaust deniers doesn't work.
Reply 51
Original post by KimKallstrom

Good point. There are Isaeli only roads, but no Jewish only roads. Israeli Arabs are just as entitled to drive on those roads as Israeli Jews.

Tbh I'm very skeptical that he is Jewish. I've seen him on other threads bringing up the claimed fact that he's Jewish unprompted, which suggests to me that he's actually non-Jewish and adopted the persona for rhetorical reasons.

Sorry, what? You can hardly head down to Durham to study SCOTS LAW.

The fact that you have resorted to personal insults shows that you know the logic was sound and you're trying to fight your way out of a corner.

You have been anti-Semetic towards Bornblue because you said that he would happily push other Jews into the Gas chambers, that is something that you decided to say because he was Jewish. It was meant to be a really low blow, because it paints him as a quisling, as a 'self-hating Jew' and therefore allows you to try to use that to discredit him in this argument.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's not an ad hominem attack, it's a factual observation that provides a good explanation for why his understanding of logic is so absurdly incoherent

You're only making the accusation because you were found out for pretending to be Jewish when you're actually a left-wing gentile. Repeatedly making the accusation that I'm an anti-semite because I pointed out your support for people who associate with Holocaust deniers doesn't work.

You are criticising the person not the point.
I am Jewish. So please stop making up crap that i'm not.
Repeatedly making up an accusation that i'm not does not make it true.
And I have never, ever supported Holocaust deniers nor people who 'associate' (whatever the **** that means) with them.

You however have accused a Jew of wanting to push other Jews into the gas chambers and you have tried to deflect blame away from the Nazis...

Now that, if anything is anti-semitic.
And you try to mask your prejudices by claiming to support Israel. I'm not surprised with anti-semites like you though - you'll go to all sorts of lengths.
Reply 54

You have been anti-Semetic towards Bornblue because you said that he would happily push other Jews into the Gas chambers, that is something that you decided to say because he was Jewish

It's something I decided to say because he's an apologist for people who associate with Holocaust deniers and blood libel repeaters.

It was meant to be a really low blow, because it paints him as a quisling, as a 'self-hating Jew'.

And how is that anti-semitic? You still haven't explained that.
Reply 55

And I have never, ever supported Holocaust deniers nor people who 'associate' (whatever the **** that means) with them.

Whenever I bring up the facts I believe supports my point, you never ever actually respond to them. You simply go back to the contentious personal stuff.

The fact you keep failing to address the point about Raed Salah tells us everything we need to know
Whenever I bring up the facts I believe supports my point, you never ever actually respond to them. You simply go back to the contentious personal stuff.

The fact you keep failing to address the point about Raed Salah tells us everything we need to know

That's because you keep inventing claims which are false.
Wtf does 'associate' even mean? Such a vague term.
I have addressed your point and I have never justified Holocaust deniers. Denying the Holocaust is disgusting and anti-semitic. I have never done so.

And you accuse me of going to personal stuff? Said the person who accused me of wanting to push Jews into gas chambers?
Reply 57
It was meant to be a really low blow, because it paints him as a quisling, as a 'self-hating Jew' and therefore allows you to try to use that to discredit him in this argument.

Do you think Alvin Rosenfeld is anti-semitic?
Do you think Alvin Rosenfeld is anti-semitic?

Do you think Norman Finkelstein is anti-Semetic?

Your essential argument here is that I could walk up to a Rabbi tomorrow, ask him about Israel. As soon as he says something anti-Israel, I could tell him that he would push Jews into the Gas Chambers, and that he is a quisling and a self-hating Jew. And somehow that wouldn't be anti-Semetic.
The comments you made were because Bornblue was Jewish and you wanted to discredit him in this argument as a quisling, as a self-hating Jew.
Reply 59
That's because you keep inventing claims which are false.

You keep saying my claims are false, without ever addressing why they are false.

Jeremy Corbyn called Raed Salah (a man who repeated the blood libel) an "honoured citizen" and a "good representive" of his people at a meeting where Salah spoke, and said that he couldn't wait to have tea with him on the terrace. Having tea with someone and praising them at a meeting is not what you do to someone whose views sicken you

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/06/an-open-letter-to-jeremy-corbyn/

Corbyn shared a platform with a man, Abou Jahjah, who had been convicted in a Dutch court for Holocaust denial. That is not something you do with someone whose views you absolutely reject.

Of course you will avoid actually dealing with those facts. You will issue a blanket statement on them saying they are evil right-wing fabrications blah blah blah. Once again you will fail to engage with the issue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending