The Student Room Group

First time at the gym? helppp

So tomorrow I've got a gym induction then I'll be using the gym..What happens at an induction?How does it work when I wanna use the gym in future.. do I just walk straight in or do I let them know at reception every time I get there? (I'm getting a monthly membership)What do I need to take?Anything else to expect from my first time at the gym?Any advice is helpful, I've never even been in a gym before haha
Reply 1
Original post by 123lauren123
So tomorrow I've got a gym induction then I'll be using the gym..What happens at an induction?How does it work when I wanna use the gym in future.. do I just walk straight in or do I let them know at reception every time I get there? (I'm getting a monthly membership)What do I need to take?Anything else to expect from my first time at the gym?Any advice is helpful, I've never even been in a gym before haha

You'll be shown the equipment and how to properly use it to reduce chances of injury. If you're getting a monthly membership, you'll most likely get a card which you hand into reception every time you go to the gym. Remember to bring a bottle of water, especially if you're going to be running! Take your time during your exercises and you'll be fine - nobody else is bothered about what you're doing. I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it :smile: Good luck!
Do you have an induction at the gym called "The gym"?

That is my second gym and I had an induction legit all they did was show me how to use treadmill,a few random strength machine and just a general tour of the gym. They also went through the rules and general stuff. So I'm sure yours will be similar.

As for the reception thing I guess it depends on your gym.

In my old gym each day I would have to give my card to the receptionist and they would swipe it or scan itjusr takes 1sec.

My new gym I just enter my pin

So don't worry about your induction and have fun making gains :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest