which is the harder degree pharmacy or biomedical sciences

Watch
cr7alwayz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am interested in both but want to know which degree is the harder to study and which career is harder a pharmacist or a biomedical scientist.
khalid78628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pharmacy is much harder and is a much better career choice. It leads to a stable job, similar to medicine and optometry. Biomedical science however does not. Being a pharmacist is infact extremely easy, the degree is hard but the profession is not.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khalid78628)
Pharmacy is much harder and is a much better career choice. It leads to a stable job, similar to medicine and optometry. Biomedical science however does not.
wait for the robots.
khalid78628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
wait for the robots.
Nevertheless pharmacy is still a far better degree tham biomed.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khalid78628)
Nevertheless pharmacy is still a far better degree tham biomed.
but point i'm trying to make is in the future any occupation can experience major shifts. OP you should do what interests you! that way you will be happy.
jazjaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it also depends which university you go to as well. I wouldn't say pharmacy is a guaranteed job nowadays as it is over saturated. Getting good honours in biomed and many other sciences from a good school e.g. OxBridge, Imperial, UCL, KCL etc can give you varied options not only in science careers but finance and IP law.

http://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/...-bomb%E2%80%99
2geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
in terms of being easier think that will depend on what you are confident with e.g if you are better at chemistry you will probably ind pharmacy to be easier rather than biomed which has more biology content as it states. but just lie people commonly say mathematics is harder than history; they would say pharmacy is harder. with placement year, portfolio (not always), experience and with knowledge of what you want in biomed it shouldn't be hard to find a job but with pharmacy may be easier since its mostly a 'single file' sort of career path so as long as you have the qualification the jobs are there. disclaimer: i am not qualified, this is out of the extensive research i have done out of interest in the fields.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (486)
33.31%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (606)
41.54%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.49%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.66%

Watched Threads